Chapter 15 Time to Launch

" Natsu  sweetheart,  it is time to launch!"  Lucy says with a grin.

  "Lucy we are not astronauts," Natsu replies.

 "I  know silly,"  Lucy responds with a laugh.

     "Oh, I get it you need me to drive you to the hospital," Natsu answers.

  Lucy thinks it is about time he figures this out.  She smiles as he helps her out to the car along with her bag.  

    A  few minutes later they arrive at the hospital, and he escorts her into the place while he holds her bag in the other hand.

    "How  may I assist you, Mr. Dragneel?" The desk clerk asks.

    "It is my wife she is about to give birth," Natsu answers.

    "Hurry, I  need a room, quick,   Lucy remarks.

      "Sit down in this and I will wheel you in there,"  The woman says.  She pushes the wheelchair into room 212.

     The doctor with a friendly smile on his face enters the room next.  Natsu and Lucy are both relieved to see him.  

 "Mrs. Dragneel,  here, you can have your husband assist you if you want too," The doctor states.

     Lucy nods her head, the doctor exits to wait in the hall.   

        Natsu helps his wife remove her dress, slip, undergarments, and shoes.  He helps her slip into the robe and fasten it up.

       The doctor comes back to the room.  He says to Natsu,  "Hold her hand while I  help her with the baby."

   "Sure, whatever you say, doctor Teddy  J.  Hendricks,"   Natsu says.  He reaches out and holds onto Lucy's left hand.

   "Take a deep breath. Good, now breathe out, push, push, push..." The doctor instructs.

        Lucy does as he asks and pushes hard until the baby comes out. She is happy to hear the cries of her and Natsu's healthy child.  She is not sure yet which gender the child is since decided to let this part be a surprise.

        The doctor catches the baby, then, hands her off to a nurse to be weighed. 

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Dragneel your baby weighs  8lbs  7 oz and 21 1/2 inches long,"  The nurse says.

"Here you hold her,"  The doctor says as he hands the little one to her mother.

   "Thank you, "Lucy says.  

      "What do you wish to name  her?"  Natsu says.

     "Nashi  Rosetta  Dragneel,"  Lucy answers.

      "Sure that is it," Natsu agrees.

        "I will leave you both alone with Nashi, then,"  the doctor says as he goes to the door, then exits the room.

     The nurse makes her exit as well to give the married couple and their baby girl some privacy.

        Natsu's phone buzzes when he sees the number he frowns.  It is not someone he would expect to hear from anyway.  The whole thing is rather peculiar.  Why now?  Why after all this time would his father decide to contact him?

        Lucy sees Natsu frown, so she remarks, "Nashi  wants to see her daddy, smile."

         Natsu looks at his wife and daughter with a huge smile on his face. He pulls a  small camera out of his pocket. He snaps a few photos of his family.   Then, turns the camera around so that he can take another picture with himself included in it this time.

      Natsu's POV:

   My family is complete.

   I  do not wish to contact my father because he is untrustworthy.

   Lucy's  POV:
  It is nice to see  Natsu is happy.

  I know I am happy too.

   Nashi has her father's hair and eye color.  

Natsu's POV:

   Nashi's little fingers and toes are so cute.

   She is my flesh and blood.

   There is no way I will ever let anyone take advantage of her.

        Author's  Note:  Will Lucy ever find out that something bothers Natsu? If so, will she ask him about it?   What happens next to her, Natsu, and little Nashi?

      Find out more in Chapter 16...

-Summer out!