Prologue : The Beginning?

Lucy Heartfilia feels like she is all alone. She is only seven years old. She has no friends. None at all!  There is no one to help her out. She sits on the ground and cries. She cries as the others play without her. She thinks, will I ever have a friend of my very own?  She is sad. 

    Natsu Dragneel sees the lonely blonde haired, blue eyed little girl. He feels sorry for her. He wonders why is she all by herself?  Who is she?  What is her name?  He decides to go over and introduce himself.

     "Hello there!"  Natsu says.

    "Hello, who are you ?"  Lucy asks.

      "I am Natsu,  Natsu Dragneel !"  The boy with the bright pink hair and brown eyes replies.

     "Wow, that is a nice name!" Lucy says as she  wipes the tears from her eyes.

      "What is your name?" Natsu asks.

     "I am Lucy, Lucy Heartfilia!"  Lucy says.

     "How are you Miss Lucy?"  Natsu says.

    "I am not very good as I have no friends."  Lucy says.

    "Well, then I can change that for you." Natsu grins at her.

    "How?"  Lucy asks him.

   "I can be your friend!"  Natsu says.

   "Okay, but why would you do this?"  Lucy says.

   "Oh, that is easy enough to explain.  I could use a friend too."  Natsu says.

    " How old are you?"  Natsu asks.

   "Seven and what about you?"  Lucy asks.

   "I am ten years old !  I am only three years older than you!" Natsu says.

    "Wow, that is great!  It is nice to have an older friend."  Lucy says.

   "May I call you Luce?" Natsu asks.

   "Sure, Natsu! "  Lucy says.  

   Natsu smiles at her. She smiles back at him.  They play tag and enjoy each others company so much!  

  Ever since then, Natsu and Lucy are great friends!  They are best friends!  

 *Published Dec.26, 2018 and redone with edits on Dec. 27,2018  Author's Note*

 to be continued in Chapter 1  Still Best Friends?