Chapter 9 Confessions?

Lucy gets up and decides today is the day.  She has to tell Natsu how she feels.  She has no idea how she will do it. She just knows this is the exact day to tell him. It has been another year since the time they first met all those years ago.  She can't believe how fast the time has gone by!  She gets up and gets dressed. She brushes her hair, and decides to leave it down for a change.  She applies a little bit of blush to her cheeks, along with some eye shadow and mascara to her eye lids and eye lashes.  She puts the small handkerchief  that Nastu gave to her as a child in her back pocket.  She eats breakfast, and brushes her teeth.  She runs out the door in a hurry to meet up with Natsu!

     Natsu wakes up.  He yawns.  He hears Happy mutter something about it being the anniversary of the day he met Lucy years ago.  He takes a look at his calendar.  He realizes Happy is right. He can't hardly wait to see Lucy again.  He only hopes he can muster up the courage to confess his love for her.  He only hopes she returns his love.  He gets ready for the day and rushes off to find Lucy!

   Lucy sees him before he sees her.  She feels a bit nervous. She walks over to him. She does not say a word.  She just stares at him. She can tell he seems to be a bit busy.  She wonders, what is on his mind at the moment?

  Natsu takes a look around him.  He does not see Lucy. Not even when she comes over to him as she sneaks up behind him quietly. He feels his hands get sweaty. He thinks, goodness why are you so nervous?  It is only Lucy, just chill man!  He tries to calm himself, but finds it to be easier said than done.  

  "Natsu?"  Lucy finally says after an hour.

  "Luce?"  Natsu says.

   "Yes, it is me."  Lucy says.

  "Great to see you!"  Natsu says.

  "Same here!  It is the anniversary of the day we met years ago!"  Lucy says.

   "Yes, it sure is."  Natsu says.

   "Here this is for you!"  Lucy says. She hands him something in a wrapped package.

  Natsu looks at it.  He opens it.  He takes a look at the item inside and looks at her in surprise!

  "Why, it's a  new handkerchief!  Thanks, Luce!"  Natsu says.

   "Yes, well it is the least I could do since I still have the one you gave me years ago."  Lucy says and shows it too him as she takes it out of her back pocket.

   "Wow, I never knew you still held onto it after all this time."  Natsu says.

   "I sure did. I mean, it is only because you were my first friend and later became my best friend." Lucy explains.

   "Wow, that is great!" Natsu says. He smiles.

    "Oh, and I have something for you!"  Natsu says.

   "Really, like what?"  Lucy says.

   "Here!"  Natsu hands her a small package.

   Lucy opens it to find a pair of earrings. She thinks they are lovely.  

   "Thanks, Natsu!  The earrings are just lovely!"  Lucy says.

   "Your welcome!   I am glad you like them!"  Natsu says.

   "Like them?  I don't like them!  I love them!"  Lucy says.  She gives him a hug.  Natsu gives her a hug in return.

   "Wow, if I knew you would appreciate them, so much then I would have given them to you sooner."  Natsu says.

   "N-Natsu, I have something important to tell you!"  Lucy says.

   "That is funny, because I have something important to tell you as well."  Natsu says.

    "What is it?"  Lucy ask.

    "Ladies go first!  I insist!"  Natsu says in a teasing manner. He also reaches out and plays with a stray piece of her hair.

    "N-Natsu!"  Lucy blushes.

    "Yeah, Luce?"  Natsu says.

    " I  am not sure how to say this.  I guess I might as well just tell it to you straight."  Lucy says.

    "Tell me what?"  Natsu says.  He does let go of her hair.

     " I l-like you!  No that is not it!  I l-love y-you, N-Natsu!"  Lucy says.

     "You do?"  Natsu ask.

     "Yes, and I know you probably don't  love me back!"  Lucy says sadly.  She looks away from him for a moment as he drops the piece of hair.  She starts to run off as she can feel tears form in her eyes. She thinks, this is it.  

    "Wait, Luce!"  Natsu says.  He chases after her. He grabs her waist and pulls her closer to him.

     "Let me go!"  Lucy says. She refuses to look at him.

    "No!"  Natsu says.

   "Oh, yeah and just why not? "  Lucy says.

    Natsu does not say a word. He just leans in and kisses her on the mouth.  

     Lucy feels as if the sky is open and rain drops are on her head, or as if the stars give their approval. She can't believe it.  Her Natsu, loves her back!

    "N-Natsu?"  Lucy blushes even more.

   "Ye-Yeah, Lu-Luce?"  Natsu blushes a deep shade of red as well.

   "Why did you k-kiss m-me?"  Lucy says.

   "It is because I love you too, Luce!"  Natsu says.  He sees the tears and wipes them away with his new handkerchief.  "There that is better!  Now, don't cry my love!"  Natsu whispers.

   "Natsu, you really mean it?  You return my love for you?"  Lucy says. She is in shock.

   "Yes, I do!  Luce, I love you with all my heart!  I have for as long as I could remember." Natsu says.

  "How long is this to be exact?"  Lucy ask.

  "Well, let's just say I feel for you the day we met. I know it sounds crazy as we were only kids then.  Just the same somehow ,  I knew you were the one for me."  Natsu says.

   "Wow, that is the same day I feel for you. I mean, it is was because you were so kind to me!"  Lucy says.

     "Will you be my girlfriend, Luce?"  Natsu ask.

    "Yes, Natsu, my dragon love!  I will!"  Lucy says.

    "Great!  I am so happy! " Natsu says.

    "Oh, and why is that?"  Lucy ask.

    "I confessed to my crush, and it turns out she feels the same way!"  Natsu says.

   "Well good for you!  She must be one blessed woman!"  Lucy says.

   "Oh, she sure is!"  Natsu says and grins up at her.

  Lucy grins up at him in return.  Off they go with hands held to tell the others they are together now at last.  Nalu is official now!  

 to be continued in Chapter  10  Nalu (Natsu and Lucy)  First Date?