Chapter 5 Natsu's Return?

Two weeks later, Natsu returns to Magnolia to the area of Fairy Tail.  He does not know that Lucy found out he left.  He also has no idea that Levy, Gray, or anyone else knows about his mission.  He is clueless as to what awaits him.  He collects the money that is due to him for his success on the mission.  He goes back to his house to relax for a bit.

       Lucy sees Natsu return. She watches as he receives the money.  She continues to look on as he heads back to his house. She is glad she wore the disguise given to her by Levy.  She breathes a sigh of relief that he does not recognize her.  She goes back to her place next.

     Natsu sits down to watch television.  He thinks, hmm, that is strange why do I feel as if someone watches my every move?  He shrugs his shoulders.  He decides it must be his imagination gone wild.  He turns on the tv.  He watches a few reruns of his favorite series.  When the show goes off, he turns the tv off.  He goes to the kitchen to fix himself a snack.

     Meanwhile, Lucy sends Gray over to talk to Natsu.  She is just not ready to speak to him just yet.  Gray sneaks into Natsu's house through the open  kitchen window.  He hides near the back door. He only hopes Natsu will not try to fight him.  He does not have to wait long to find out.

    Natsu turns on the kitchen light. He goes over to the refrigerator. He fixes himself a glass of milk, and a snack.  His snack consist of  a small bag of chips, some chip dip, a slice of cheese, two crackers with peanut butter on them, a small box of raisins and a cookie.  He smiles as he turns off the light.  He goes back to his living room. He sits in his recliner and eats the tasty treats.  He feels a tap on his shoulder.

    "Who is there?"  Natsu says in surprise.

   "Relax, flame brain, it is just me!" Gray replies.

   "What brings you here?  Shouldn't you be on a date with Juvia?"  Natsu asks.

  "Juvia is at her sisters house for  a visit. Besides, Lucy is the one who sent me over here." Gray says.

 "Luce, sent you here?  Why?"  Natsu says.

" I wonder that very same thing, myself." Gray says.

"She is not in trouble is she?"  Natsu inquires of Gray. 

"Not that I know about, so relax!"  Gray says.

"Look, Lucy found out along with the rest of us about your so called solo mission."  Gray says.

 "Oh!" Natsu says.

 "She was rather upset. She would not speak to us about it."  Gray says.

  " The master had to tell us what it was that made her upset."  Gray says.

  "Does she know I am home?" Natsu asks.

 "Yes!  Everyone knows this! " Gray says and shakes his head.

" I tried to tell her to come over here herself, but she insist I had to be the one to do it."  Gray says.

"Why?  Is she sore at me?" Natsu says.

" Now, that is something you would have to discuss with Lucy."  Gray says.

" I only know she says, I can't face him yet!  Gray please try to reason with him!  No fights."  Gray says.

"Fine, I will fight you for her sake." Natsu says.

"Have you told her?" Gray asks.

"Told her what?"  Natsu says.

"Told her that you love her!  Why I can see it by the way you say her name, and by the way you look at her when she enters the room!  So, have you told her?"  Gray asks.

 "No.  I  would not want to be the cause of a ruined friendship.  I can't loose her." Natsu says.

  "Well, then you are just hopeless.  Hopeless as ever."  Gray says.

    Gray leaves and goes on home.  Natsu closes and locks the door.  He  shakes his head at the thought of a confession of his love for Lucy.  He figures I rather not take the risk of her rejection. Why how could I face her on a daily basis if she does not feel the same way?  It would ruin me.  I simply can not tell her!

     to be continued in Chapter 6  Jealous?