Found Family

The day had started like any other, Roxy went to the Gym and had breakfast. Then she was called to the Temple to meet with a few of the Generals and Rex about a very important mission.

She walked into the room, removed her helmet and stood beside Rex. Mace Windu began the meeting, "Thank you for coming so early. Let's get right into it because we don't have much time. A threat was made against the Duchess of Mandalore." He began.

"So Obi-wan will be taking just one other person, so as to not raise suspicion." 

Anakin stepped forward, "He can't take any of the men, I don't think the Duchess would like that very much. So I volunteer to go." he said, Obi-wan put a hand up. "Two Jedi for a one Jedi mission is unnecessary...I'll take Roxy." he replied. Anakin slumped. 

Roxy was surprised for a moment, she smiled, "A mission with General Kenobi? Sounds like a party to me." 

She was informed that they were going to a literal party, and that she needed to pack an extra set of clothes, no armor or noticeable weapons were allowed, much to her dismay. After they were packed, Roxy did a once over of the ship. 

Rex came to say goodbye, "Have fun, kid. But don't get into trouble please." he joked, Roxy chuckled, "I'll be with Kenobi, how much trouble could we get into?" 

She hugged Rex, "I'll be back in a week or so, now you guys don't get into trouble, we all know you're the trouble-maker...not me." they laughed. Obi-wan cleared his throat, with a smile he asked, "Ready?". 

She nodded, with one last wave to her brother, they were off. 

They sat in the cock-pit together, Obi-wan piloting. "So is this the same Duchess that Anakin said you have a history with?" she asked, "A history? Well, I don't know what he was implying, but she is an old friend. I met her long ago on a mission with my Master." he explained, Roxy nodded, "Yeah the way Skywalker talked about it, he made it seem like she was your girlfriend.." 

Obi-wan rolled his eyes and scoffed, "I know, attatchment is forbidden. It's a joke." she quickly said with her hands raised in defense. "Right." he grunted.

After a few hours they both dozed off, the ship on auto pilot, woke them with the alert. Only a few more hours and they would arrive. "The Duchess and her guards will greet us when we arrive, then we'll let her know of the plan." Obi-wan explained, "What time does the party start?" "Not until the evening." she nodded.

After a pause she asked, "Am I allowed to drink? Or do I have to behave myself?" 

Obi-wan laughed, a real genuine laugh. "You can have a couple drinks!" he shook his head in amusement. Roxy smirked, she never got to see the General like this. 

They finally landed, and like Obi-wan had said, the Duchess was there to greet them. 

"Obi-wan, how nice it is to see you again.." "Likewise." he replied as he kissed the back of her hand. Roxy stood in attention beside the General. "And who is this?" asked Satine. 

"This is Sergeant Roxy, she's here as my backup and second set of eyes. This threat made against you was no joke, so I brought one of the 501st's finest." explained Obi-wan. Roxy nodded at the Duchess in respect, she mirrored the action. "Well, the party is at 8, you can come to my room a few minutes before to walk me to the festivities." said the Duchess. 

Roxy and Obi-wan were shown to their room, it was as big as the Gym in the barracks with two queen sized beds, "Holy shit! I can only imagine that the Duchess's room is twice this size!" She exclaimed, Obi-wan chuckled, "Yes, well, we best get ready, we have to meet the Duchess in an hour." he said, they went to their separate bathrooms and dressed.