Comets

{AU where Ahsoka is Plo-Koon's padawan, and from the moment Rex see's her, he gets a feeling.}

The battle had been long, and hard. But they won, and now Rex could have a bit of time to chat with his vod. General Plo-koon had come to Skywalker's aid, and so that meant Rex got to see Wolfe again. Wolfe was one of Rex's brother he never got to see.

"So, did you see my Generals new padawan?" Wolfe asked the young Captain, Rex looked up from his chrono. "No, actually, i didn't. Since when did General Plo want a padawan?" Rex asked. "She's only been a member of the wolf pack a few months, but she's a good fighter, and smart too!" Wolfe stated. "She handles herself in battle, especially for her age. She's only 16!" Wolfe exclaimed. 

Rex turned his head, and saw Plo talking to Anakin. And a young woman standing beside Plo, laughing at something he had said. She looked over to Rex and smiled at him, he smiled back. Wolfe, who was still ranting on about his new shinies, noticed his vods behavior. "Rex? Are you staring at Ahsoka?" Wolfe asked. "What? No! I just, thought i saw something in that area." Rex lied. 

So, Wolfe continued ranting, Rex looked back and saw the woman walking over towards them. "Oh crap!" Rex thought as he mentally prepared himself. "Hey Wolfe! Hello...Rex? Is it?" She asked politely, Rex nodded. "I'm Ahsoka, Ahsoka Tano." She held out her hand for him to shake, and he did. He let his hand linger a second to long before putting his hands behind his back, and standing respectively. 

"So, um, how long have you been Plo's padawan?" Rex asked, trying not to stutter. "About seven months. I'm really enjoying it!" She said with a smile. Her smile made his insides feel weird. "So how long have you been a Captain?" She asked, "I, don't remember...i think about seven or eight years?" Rex said, questioning himself. 

"Wow! That's a long time. Why aren't you a Commander?" She asked, "Well, Skywalker told me if i wanted the position, i could have it. But i like the sound of Captain Rex, it's got a nice ring to it, y'know?" He said with a wink. She giggled, and looked back at her master. He signaled her to come over to him. 

"Wolfe, we gotta go. Maybe i'll see you again sometime soon, Rex!" She smiled, and began walking away. "Until next time vod." Wolfe said, putting his hand on Rex's shoulder. "Until next time." Rex nodded. He looked back at Ahsoka when Wolfe walked away. She waved at him, he waved back. He felt something inside, he felt sad, sad that she was leaving. That he might not see her again for a few months.

"Captain? Rex? Rex!" Anakin yelled. Rex jumped a bit, "S-sir?" Rex saluted. "At ease..." Said Anakin said. "I saw that you met Master Plo's padawan? What do you think?" Anakin asked. "I think she's a strong, smart, young woman. And that she'll be a great addition to the wolf pack." Said Rex. Anakin smirked, and walked away. Rex looked longingly at the ship that was leaving. 

He sighed, and went to the mess hall. He sat next to Fives and Echo, who were bickering about only yoda knows what. Rex just sat there, head in his hand, staring at his food. "Rex? You okay?" Echo asked, shoving Fives away from him. "Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." Rex lied. 

After he was done staring at his food, he went to his room. Trying to shake her smile out of his head, her laugh, everything about her. "This is stupid, i've only just met her, and she's stuck in my head." Rex complained to himself. Her tossed and turned in his bed, trying to sleep. But to no avail. 

He couldn't shake that image of her. He laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He sighed, and closed his eyes.

-------Two Months Later...-------

He rushed out from his cover, and blasted down droids on his way. "Sir! We're not gonna be able to hold this position much longer!" He shouted as he dodged a bullet that shot past his head. "Backup is on it's way, Captain!" Anakin said with a small smile. Rex looked up and saw a cruiser, and gunships. "The wolf pack?" Rex asked.