XVIII: Disappointment

Zee's POV

"They're not dead"

I felt my blood drain from my body when Saint said those words. It was a crazy thought but it wasn't that hard to believe. I only saw blood leaking on the floor, I never checked to see if they were actually dead.

"W-what do you mean they're not dead"

"I mean they're not dead. These people aren't stupid Zee. These people are highly trained and seem to hate me a lot for some reason."

"But I shot them in the back and blood was leaking out."

"You know Zee for a mafia leader you are incredibly stupid. Ever heard of a bulletproof vest."

"Even if they weren't how can you actually, truly in your heart believe that they aren't dead?"

"My life has been ruined by those three on countless occasions. Them dying just like that is too easy of an escape. They're planning something"

"If they're not dead why would they let you escape?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. But I know they wouldn't let me go that easily unless they had a valid reason to do so."

"So what do you want to do about it?"

"You're the mafia leader here. What you say goes."

"Yes, but you are the BOYFRIEND of this mafia leader and I'll always go with what you believe before my own."

***

My headaches have seemingly gotten worse. With the possibility of those three on the loose and trying to be strong for Saint I was near my breaking point. I love Saint so much and the fact that people who hurt him are running freely because of my mistake of not making sure they were dead was consuming me. I felt like the biggest pile of shit ever. And the worst boyfriend. That was when I heard a knock on the door getting me out of my dark thoughts.

"Hey babe."

"Hey Saint."

He made his way around my desk and sat on my lap, straddling me. Then wrapped his arms around my neck while my hands fell naturally on his hips. Staring into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Are you ok, Koala?"

"Yes"

I don't want him to know how I was really feeling.

"I know when you're lying"

Fuck it.

"Are you disappointed in me?"

He looked taken back by my statement. Shocked that the words ever left my mouth.

"Excuse me?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"What in the fuck would make you think I would be disappointed in you?"

"Well, I-i thought you'd be mad at me for not killing them."

"Zee. there is nothing you could ever do to make me disappointed in you."

"But I-"

I was cut off when he smashed his lips onto my own, shutting me up. The kiss was anything but gentle. I could tell he put everything he got into this one kiss. I sensed reassurance, longing, and just simply his love he had for me. I poured self-doubt, arousal, and my infinite amount of love I had for him that would never deteriorate.