EPILOGUE

It was funny to think about just how quickly life can change. It wasn't so long ago that Grace and Luna had been on the run from the people who are now their closest friends and family. There was a time when the two vampires thought that they would never be happy again and that they were doomed to suffer for the rest of their lives.

It's funny how quickly that changed.

They were free now and they could go wherever they wanted to, but they now knew for definite that they belonged with their family.

Kol and Luna were simply happy. They were happy to have each other. They were happy to have their family. And they were happy to simply be alive. They had both suffered during their lives but that was over. Luna didn't have to look over her shoulder anymore and she could rest easy knowing that Erik was gone. Kol finally felt accepted and loved by his siblings after they had changed their attitude towards him. They had apologised and started to change how the acted towards their brother.

Grace and Elijah were finally engaged after five hundred years of drama. They were happily planning their wedding and were considering having it sometime in the Winter, but then again they were thinking about having it in the Fall just last week. They still had a lot of work to do but they were finally happy so they didn't care.

Caroline and Klaus wanted to get remarried sometime in the future. They had spent a thousand years apart and they refused to spend anymore time without each other. They refused to let anything separate them again.

Finn, Sage and Kenna had formed their own little family with the family. After many betrayals, fights and tragedies they had all found their way back to each other. Finn had previously hated who he had become and hated living the way he did, but now, with his family by his side, he was truly happy again.

Rebekah and Stefan had rekindled their love from the twenties. Rebekah was finally happy and had found someone that her dear brother approved of and Stefan had found someone that loved him and accepted him for who he was. And the greatest part was that there wasn't a doppelganger in sight.

Damon had finally gotten over Katherine completely and found a girl he truly loved. He had bumped into an ex from the forties and they had started talking again. Soon enough they were back together. Luna had approved of the woman, Charlotte, she thought that she was the perfect match for her father. She was understanding, she didn't want Damon to change his ways and, most importantly, she looked nothing like Elena Gilbert or Katherine Pierce.

And Aria, well she had spent the last millennium looking out for her family so she hadn't really had the time for relationships in the past. But now, with Mikael, Esther, and Erik gone she has the time to do something for herself. She had recently hit it off with a seven hundred year old vampire that she had met in the Grill. So for now, she was doing much better.

Everything was good. There were no threats. No judgemental witches. And most importantly, no dopplegangers. They were finally at peace and there weren't any lurking dangers waiting around the corner for them. They were safe, for now. There was no doubt that something would crop up eventually. But they'd deal with that together, as a family.

Their stories had consisted both of love and fear, and in the end, their love had won and they were no longer afraid.