035

Days had passed and they knew that they had to prepare for Esther. It was getting late and it was a full moon, meaning they knew that they would hear from the witch soon.

They had caught Caroline up on what was going on and currently they were in the kitchen discussing the involvement of Luna, Grace and Caroline. They all knew that Kenna had to be there but the brothers were reluctant to put their significant others in any danger.

Klaus didn't want Caroline anywhere near his mother, especially after she had erased all of their memories a thousand years ago. But, of course, Caroline was adamant that she be there to see Esther to her end.

Elijah simply wanted Grace to be safe and he was convinced that she would be anything but safe if she wasn't anywhere near his mother.

Luna honestly found the whole situation quite amusing, she and Grace had helped plan everything out so of course they were going to be there. After everything that had happened in the past, Kol wanted to keep his wife tucked away safely until it was all over but she wasn't having any of it.

"So it's agreed," Klaus said, looking at Kol and Elijah. "They stay here."

Luna, Grace and Caroline watched as the three had debated what they were going to do and it amused them that they thought that they were going to listen to them.

"Yes," Kol agreed, "it will be safer."

Kenna looked at the three women with an amused smile on her face. She couldn't help but find the whole situation funny since Luna and Grace had put themselves in much more dangerous situations before anyway.

"They're talking about us like we can't hear them," Luna said, the amusement and disbelief clear in her voice.

"They do know that we're not going to listen to them, right?" Grace said and Caroline nodded in agreement.

It wasn't that they didn't appreciate the sentiment of trying to keep them safe, they did, but they also knew that they could take care of themselves and didn't need them to keep them tucked away while the whole thing went down.

"Okay," Caroline muttered before she stood up and clapped her hands together to get their attention. "One, stop talking about us like we're not in the room. Two, you can't stop us from being there. Three, what makes you think that we'll listen to you?"

The three originals huffed, knowing that Caroline was right and there was no way they could stop them from being there.

Suddenly, Kenna's smile dropped and she tensed as she sensed a wave of power close by. Finn noticed immediately and moved to place his hand on his daughter's shoulder.

"Kenna," he said softly. "What's wrong?"

All attention moved to the young Mikaelson witch as she concentrated on the power that was pulsing through her.

"She's close," she whispered, tilting her head as she pinpointed the source of the power.

"How close?" Grace asked.

Instead of answering Kenna moved from the kitchen and walked out onto the front yard. She surveyed the area quickly and turned back to face her family who had followed her out from the kitchen. Before she could speak she felt a large pulse of power as Esther appeared behind her.

"Mother," Rebekah whispered and Kenna nodded at her father in reassurance before sending Luna and Grace a significant look.

"Children," Esther said, addressing her children before noticing the blonde vampire that had taken Klaus' hand in hers. "Caroline," she said, trying to hide her surprise.

"Esther," Caroline spat back at the woman, a glare firmly planted on her face.

Looking at her father one more time, Kenna gave him a smile before turning around to face her grandmother.

"Kenna?" Esther said, the shock clear on her face, obviously not having expected to see her.

A smirk slipped onto Kenna's face as she looked at the old witch. "Miss me?" she muttered sarcastically but Esther ignored her comment and went on to address her children.

"I have spent a thousand years on the other side," Esther began. "I watched you all become the monsters you are today and I won't allow it to go on any further."

The original witch clicked her fingers and about twenty vampires appeared surrounding the family of vampires. The blank look in their eyes made it clear that she was controlling them all with a spell.

Esther rambled on about being on the other side and how she had to do this as it was for the best.

Kenna remained standing in front of the witch, unbothered by the words she was saying as she surveyed the area. She looked over at Luna, their eyes connecting before they flickered over to where both could see the Salvatore brothers waiting in the trees.

As Kenna was seemingly distracted, Esther made her move by making one of her vampires take a run at her granddaughter.

But Kenna had seen it coming and she plunged her hand into the chest cavity of the vampire, ripping the heart out and carelessly dropping it at her feet. She rolled her eyes and sent Esther a bored look.

Irritated, Esther motions for the other vampires to attack and they all take a run at the family before them.

It hadn't even been a minute before a new figure sped around the 'battleground' and the vampire dropped dead one by one.

"Well that was pathetic," Aria commented as she came to a stop beside Kenna, her hands covered in blood.

The older original nodded at Kenna in confirmation at Kenna's questioning look.

"Aria," Esther said in distaste.

"Esther," Aria spat back with equal distaste.

Suddenly a familiar blonde entered the area and the plan started to come together. Kenna approached the blonde and hugged her in greeting, not caring what was going on around them for a moment.

At this point the original siblings weren't too sure what was going on but they were used to it by now. They had gotten used to the fact that Luna, Grace and Kenna always seemed to have a plan that they didn't know about.