02

After a three hour drive Luna finally arrived at the dilapidated, broken house that Rose had invited her to. It was only 300 miles away from Mystic Falls which had left a nervous pit in her stomach when she realised just how close she was to her hometown and the only family members she had left.

The door creaked open when Luna pushed it open, she stepped in and looked around at the abandoned mansion. She had only taken a few steps into the house when a familiar brunette appeared before her. Luna smiled as the brunette launched herself at her.

"Grace," Luna said with a bright smile as she hugged her best friend in greeting.

Grace pulled back from her blonde best friend with a bright smile. "It's so good to see you again," she told Luna. "It's been too long."

"That it has," Luna said as she began following Grace through the house. "So, what's going on?" she asked as they headed towards where she could hear Rose and Trevor speaking.

When they arrive at the top of a set of grand stairs Luna looks down into the room to see a face she never wanted to see again. She saw the face of Katherine Pierce.

It didn't take long for Luna to realise just who she was, she could smell her blood from where she stood and her human scent easily identified her as a Petrova Doppelganger, a human doppelganger.

Luna looked to her left and gave Rose a questioning look, wanting to know what Rose was up to. The pixie haired vampire motioned for Luna to follow her out of the room and into the hallway when Rose and Trevor greeted their old friend.

"So what's going on?" Luna asked in curiosity.

"You'll see," Trevor said before glancing at Rose. "So, you called him?" he asked his oldest friend.

Luna rolled her eyes in annoyance due to the lack of answers she was getting. Though Luna did have an idea as to what they were up to, it had become pretty apparent when she had seen the doppelganger unconscious in the other room.

"No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works," Rose replied, "They say Elijah got it."

Luna tensed at the mention of his name, she didn't like the sinking feeling that had settled in her gut when she heard his name.

Looking at Grace she could see that it had affected her too but that wasn't surprising given the history Grace had with Elijah and the originals.

Luna was about to speak when the three vampires heard the floorboards creak. She swung herself around to see the doppelganger listening to the conversation.

"There's nothing around here for miles," Luna snapped at the girl as she moved to stand in front of the brunette. "If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?"

"Who's Elijah?" the doppelganger asked, gulping in fear.

"Your worst nightmare," Rose replied as she walked up behind Luna. The blonde vampire tilted her head in thought, while Elijah could be pretty scary Luna found that she had faced worse than the noble original.

The three vampires then walked away, leaving the doppelganger alone in the large room she had been in previously.

Once they reached another room Luna decided to speak up. "You're using her to negotiate your freedom, aren't you?" she asked, having been able to deduce what they were up to.

"No," Trevor said, making Luna raise her eyebrows at him. "We're using her to negotiate our freedom," he added, putting emphasis on the word 'our'

Luna nodded slowly, she had a feeling that this wasn't going to work out as Rose had planned. "Well I don't know about you three, but i'd rather be about a million miles away from here when Elijah shows up," Luna said to the three as she stood against the wall.

"I mean, let's face it, Rose and Grace, you've got a pretty good chance at walking free. Possibly Trevor too," Luna said with a scoff. "Me, well, he'd never let me go alive."

"Have a little faith, Luna," Trevor said before walking out of the room.

Luna looked over at the two sisters still in the room with a pointed look on her face. "What I did was much worse than what you did," the blonde argued. "They'd never let me live."

Grace looked at Luna with a knowing look on her face, she knew exactly what Luna had done and she knew that Luna was right. The brunette shot her sister a knowing look and Rose sighed, nodding back.

Grace nodded at Luna and went over to hug her best friend. "Be careful," Grace whispered as she embraced Luna.

The blonde nodded before giving Rose a nod and fleeing the room at vampire speed, only stopping to tell Trevor that she was leaving.

And just like that Luna was gone, leaving Grace, Trevor and Rose to their plan. As she drove away from the house her thought briefly drifted to Grace and she considered going back to get her friend.

As cruel as it sounded, Luna didn't really care about Rose and Trevor. Not like she did with Grace. She would be fine leaving Rose and Trevor at Elijah's mercy, well maybe not Rose since she was Grace's sister.

As she drove away the feeling of dread grew more and more. And she just knew that things were about to head in a bad direction.