Chapter 24- Changes

(Mia's point of view)

I've been hearing a lot of voices. It felt like I was inside a dark room. I heard my Superman saying,"Come on sweet pea! Wake up!"
I can feel his soft lips every time he kissed my forehead and cheeks. I was so weak. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Airy and Devan were crying. I can hear and feel them when they visited me.

One sunny morning, I noticed a bright light shining on my face. I opened my eyes slowly and I saw Lewis sitting on a chair beside me. He was asleep.
I held his hand and pressed it. I said, "Hey Superman! Will you please help me get up?"
I saw a furrowed eyebrows and a broad frown from his face. He was worried and he looked tired. He kissed me tenderly on the forehead and cheeks and when he was about to kiss my lips, I said, "Whoa! slow down Superman, I haven't brush my teeth!" I asked him, "How long was I asleep?" He said, "You've been in a coma for 5 days sweet pea. I thought I lost you!"

He said that a heroin was mixed into my drinks. He also said that he took care of Jessy. I recalled what had happened that night. Tears run down my cheeks and I remembered the creep's face. I hugged him tightly and said, "I was so afraid that night!
I should've listened to you when you said that it wasn't a good idea to go out with Jessy!"
He answered, "Sshhh! You're safe my sweet pea. I got you!"

(Lewis' point of view)

I was so happy when she woke up after five f*cking days. I was so anxious. I had sleepless nights because I don't know if she'll wake up or not. I've never been this worried before. I know that I can't stay away from her any longer.

There will be a lot of changes from now on. I will ask her to move in with me. I wanted to keep her safe and by keeping her safe means she has to stay with me all the time.

One  more week to go and it'll already be the end of the school year. I planned to accompany her when she goes to work at the Cafe. I asked her not to work anymore because she will not be paying her rent when she moved in with me but she was really stubborn. She is a good daughter. She doesn't want to be a burden to her family. 

I planned to train her so that she can defend herself. I will also teach her hand to hand combat and how to use guns. Nobody can hurt her anymore. Not on my watch!

After a week of full recovery, she went back to work. I was there all the time so I became a regular customer. The owner knew who my father was.
We will be having a break for two months before the start of another school year.

Someone entered the Cafe and said, "Hey, Ms. "Taken"! Can I have my usual order?"
Mia replied, "Ok Sir! Would you like anything else?"
He answered, "Are you in the menu?"
I was about to stand when Red and Neo arrived and told me to calm down.

When Mia's shift ended, she went straight to our table and kissed me on my cheeks. I said, "You really have a terrible taste in men sweet pea! Is that Carlisle Devereaux?
She answered, "Jealousy doesn't suit you my Superman! Does it mean that I made a mistake when I accepted you as my boyfriend because of my terrible taste in men?"
I replied mischievously saying,
"Why don't you try to taste me tonight?"
She blushed and pinched my cheeks.