Chapter 16- Like a speed of Light

(Lewis' point of view)

After what had happened in the storage room, Mia has been very distant. I don't know if I said something that made her avoid me.
I knew we're both falling hard and fast like a speed of light. I can feel the chemistry between us but being in a relationship is not an option at this time. I will go to back to Italy this weekend to sort some things with my father.

I've been calling and texting her the whole day. She was not responding.
I wish I could explain to her the whole situation that I wanted her since the day I laid my eyes on her but we'll she ever accept me when she finds out that I do have my own demons to face?

Days passed by and it's time to go home. I called Airy and Devan to look after my sweet pea. I also asked Red and Neo to update me when something happens.

When I arrived, I saw my mom in the kitchen. She was cooking. I kissed her and said, "Where are our helpers and our chef?" She replied, "Well, I want to be the one to cook my son's favorite lasagna!"

My mom and I are very close. I remember when I was 6, before I fell
asleep, she sang a lullabye and she never failed to tell me the story about a prince and an ordinary woman falling for each other. That story was about her and my dad. She was  abused by her stepfather and my dad, like a prince, saved his damsel in distress.

My mom said, "You are glowing son!
I thought I would never see the day that you'll be this happy." I chuckled.
She said, "You are in love with her!"
I answered, "Love is a strong word mom! I'm falling for her. By the way, her name is Mia Cielo Paradiso! I like her but I do not want to bring her in our world."

She said, "You were born in this world son and I can't change it for you so that you can live a normal life like every boy your age."

I answered, "Mom, I can see the way she looks at me. The way she touches my skin, she's also falling for me!"
Mom said, "If you are meant for each other, then the world will bring you together no matter how far you are from each other!"

Few hours later, my dad asked me to be with his men tonight. We will be checking the shipment of our guns and ammos at the dock. I called Red and Neo and they told me not to worry.

It's 11 pm and we're here at the dock. I was counting the boxes loaded with guns when I heard a loud bang.
I asked my dad's right hand and second in command, Ben to call for back up. There were ten men shooting at us. This looked really bad cause we were outnumbered.

Fortunately, we managed to take nine of them. One member was kept alive and brought for questioning and interrogation at our hidden quarters. My vision became blurry. I heard Ben calling my name. He was telling me something but his voice became inaudible. Then I passed out.

I woke up with the worst pain I ever experienced. It was excruciating!
I was shot on my right chest. When I opened my eyes, my mom was there looking at me intensely and said,
"It's ok son! you're safe now!"
I tried to move but I can't. My mom said that the doctor told her to let me stay in bed and relax for a week.
Oh no! I'm gonna miss my sweet pea for a week. She was on my mind before I passed out.