Chapter 6- What a coincidence

It was another weekend. My parents called me and told me that they couldn't send money to help me for my studies. I bought necessary things that was enough for my budget. Knowing my parents couldn't support me anymore was even harder because it's more expensive to live in the city.

This made me realized that I have to help them, so I spent my weekend looking for a job.
I surfed the net. I just have to get the details and after my classes tomorrow, I will look for a job right a way.

Airy and Devan visited me. They gave me foods to eat and I was so lucky because they got my back. I told them that that I was having a hard time regarding my finances. They were willing to help me look for a job.
Airy said, "We can go to the bookstore tomorrow and ask if there is an available slot."

Devan also told me that there was a cafe near our school and we' ll have to check it out. Having this two girls around me made my life lighter,with them I can face my problems without fear of being alone.

The weekend had passed. It's time to go to school. I submitted to our editor in chief what I finished for the school's newspaper. I told her that I couldn't stay a little longer because I have to look for a job. Our principal was also there and she was very supportive.

She said, "You're an excellent student Mia and I can see that you really worked hard. You can go home earlier. You did a great job with the school's newspaper."

Our classes were finished and I asked Airy and Devan to wait for me at the parking lot. I was there first because they said they were finalizing their cheerleader routine.

Lewis and friends were also in the parking lot. Lewis said, "Hi sweet pea!you're going home already?"
Our eyes met and he never blinked for a second. Why is this man so attractive? He was just wearing our usual uniform but it really looked good on him. He said, "Sweet pea are you ok?"

I said, "I'm sorry, I zoned out for a minute!"
He said, "Do you like what you see?"
I bit my lips and just right on time Airy and Devan were already in the parking lot. I said, "Bye"and I blushed. I hope that he did not saw me blushing.

We went to the bookstore that Airy suggested but sadly, they didn't hire me. They said that I do lack enough experience.
We also checked the cafe near the school but again they rejected me.
I told them that I am a fast learner but they really can't do anything to help me. I was so disappointed!

Devan said, "We can try again tomorrow!"
I failed to tell them that my money was just enough for my food today.
I said, "I will just walk to get some fresh air and to clear my head."
I was walking aimlessly without knowing that it was already 6pm, and then I saw a bar and something was posted on its door.

I took it and looked for the owner.
I said, "Sir, I'm looking for Mr. Vega because I want to apply for this position." whilst showing him the paper. The Barista told me that Mr. Vega will be there soon.
I waited for few more minutes and then a man about 40's wearing an expensive suit stood in front of me.
He said, "Are you here to apply for a job?
I replied, "Y..yes Sir!"
He said, "How old are you?"
I told him I'm 16.
I also said "I'm hard working and easy to train Sir."
He just smiled and said "Ok you're in!"

I am applying as a waitress in this bar. So I signed the papers.
The salary is also enough for my food and my basic needs. The owner told me to start tomorrow night. I am so nervous. It is a 30 minute walk to my apartment. Yes! I just walk because it's a good exercise and I don't want to spend my money for the fare.

Now I'm off to work. I am a little bit uncomfortable because of the bar's uniform. The skirt is black and so short while my top is a red sleeveless blouse that is so tight. I didn't have the time to fix my hair. I just combed it and wear it down. Let it air dry and let my shampoo and conditioner do its wonders.
My shampoo is fragrant like a sweet pea and sometimes I just smiled and imagined the way how Lewis called me sweet pea.

I already arrived at the bar. Why is this bar so full of people at this time?My shift starts at 8pm and ends at 2am. I also did my assignments before I went to work.

I was busy giving the people their drinks. When I was about to go back to the kitchen, I bumped into a man. The man was so tall and masculine wearing a leather jacket, he has this familiar sent of woody and mint that is so enticing and I am about to hit the floor when he caught me and said "Hey sweet pea, you're a clumsy little girl!"

I am shocked and our lips are just few inches apart. His lips are so inviting. My heart beats fast and my cheeks turned red.
He said, "I love it when you blush."
Gosh it was so embarrassing.
I said, "oh what are the odds that you're here in this bar?"
He told me that he was with Red and Neo and they were having a meeting with his dad's business partners.

He said, "What a coincidence that you're also here working at this time."
I said, "Not everyone is born loaded like you!"

He looked at me and never uttered a single word. Then he went to Red and Neo inside the private room without saying a single word.