21. Missing

Mulai dari awal

***

Sanaa played Kabir's voice message hundreds time, trying to make some sense of it. She thought of calling Rahul and Pakhi but didn't because Rahul has gone to meet Pakhi's parents. She tried calling Vaish but she was busy in some meeting so it has gone to voice mail.

Her mind was telling her a possibility of what was happening but she wasn't ready to accept it yet. She has to see it with her own eyes to believe it. She has to see feel the void herself before believing it.

Bir can't leave his sweetie pie just like this.

They were not over.

That's what she kept on praying before she entered his place, more like theirs. She had keys but she knew the door wasn't locked.

He knew she would come and yet he left.

She felt the emptiness before seeing it.

She didn't look at the clothes that were hanging outside but looked for his favourite shirt which was missing. She has gifted this to him on his last birthday.

She didn't look for all the stationary items but for the parker that he has gotten after winning his first debate competition.

It was missing.

She didn't go through his entire bookshelf, just looked for their favourite book which they have discussed for so many hours.

It was missing.

She looked in his room and her eyes didn't search for anything but his guitar which his mother has gifted him, the very same on which she practised for first few years.

It was missing.

She didn't see all his certificates which were hanging on the wall, but looked for his graduation certificate.

It was missing.

His mother's box which he has kept behind his clothes, which he never opens, and has taken promise from her to never open;

It was missing too.

She didn't call his name just looked in the balcony where he spent most of his evenings and her worst nightmare came alive because

Bir was missing.

***

She came back to her father's mansion desperately only to find that her Bir left her, without talking to her for once.

Her mind was telling her about the possibilities which she was trying to deny but it was all making sense now. Why her dad suddenly felt so philanthropist? Why no one else was available to go to orphanage? Something was not right.

She goes out for one day and finds that Kabir is gone.

Bir has left his sweetie pie.

She saw her sister and called her.

"Did you know anything about what dad did?" Sanaa asked in a no nuisance tone and her sister's eyes suddenly became guilty.

"You knew it, didn't you? You knew that he was leaving and yet you didn't call me." She said and laughed humourlessly.

"Shenu! I'm sorry. I should have told it to you last night itself when dad asked you to go to Gurgaon. I heard dad talking to his lawyers' yesterday evening, asking them to prepare papers to take over the major shares of Shah Business Empire. In the morning I heard dad saying that he will make Kabir sign those papers. I didn't know till morning that Kabir was that shareholder. I didn't realise that he will make Kabir leave after signing those papers. I should have called you in the morning itself. I'm sorry." She said but her apology meant nothing to Sanaa.

So her dad did something bad. He somehow got to know the truth about Kabir's inheritance and blackmailed Kabir to make him sign those papers.

She knew it was Mr. Malik's fault but the fact that he left without talking to her for once, still hurt.

She didn't want to go into the detail of what happened. She didn't have any fight left within her. She didn't have the strength to confront her dad because if Kabir didn't trust her strong enough to tell the truth before leaving then it meant that she really was weak.

However she can't stop herself from making one stop at her father's office. It was empty as her dad has gone out for some important meeting and she was relieved because she needed it to be empty.

She didn't want to see him. She looked around and closed her eyes, as she remembered the conversation last night. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes with a certain determination.

After few minutes she left the mansion after taking some important stuff and promised herself to never come back to this place which she called home, again.

If Bir was not here then Sweetie Pie won't be here too. This place had their childhood memories but now it was tainted and she will never come back to this place again. She didn't shed a tear because she felt empty inside, devoid of all emotions except pain.

Kabir's no tear policy was still working even if the man who taught that has left her.

Next day, she received the acceptance letter from SMC and one week after that she left the country. Leaving IIMR was easy as they were their only as part time before finding the right place.

Her family didn't matter and her friends didn't question her decision because they knew why she was going away. They were still trying to absorb the fact that one of their friend left just like that and the other was grieving.

Though she was out of the country, she still tried her best to search for him but deep inside she knew it will all be waste; for Bir didn't leave to be found.

He was gone just like that and a big chapter of her life ended with it.

A sad and painful ending which will give her nightmares for four long years.

***

And that is it.

I'm bummed up. Thinking of making Sanaa a villain. Lets see how that works out...Lol !

Next chapter is a surprise; good or bad, any guesses?