"No Bir. It is not your fault." She said as she hugged him and Kabir sighed in relief while caressing her hairs.

"Why were you upset then?" He finally asked her.

"I...I was upset about my low scores." She said as she moved away and stopped to see Kabir who was looking at her intently to continue because both of them that it wasn't the reason.

So she said another thing which would make him believe her.

"Dad is not allowing me to go into medical field. And I was upset about it." Sanaa finally said and that got Kabir's attention.

She knew he knows about her problem.

He knew that he has to act as if it's the first time he is hearing about it.

But she lied and he didn't catch up because of his anger on Mr. Malik

And he lied because she should never know. He has to make her strong otherwise how will she face Mr. Malik when the time really comes?

"And you thought that hiding in your room away from everyone would solve it? I told you earlier and am telling you still, that no one should decide about your life except for yourself. We can advise you but the choice is yours. You don't have to ask anyone, you don't have to explain yourself. It's your life and it should be your choice." Kabir said.

And Sanaa understood that she is doing the right thing by hiding.

"You know what was the worst part of this was? I was not being able to approach you even after knowing you are in pain. I was torn up between sitting here or coming inside your house. You know that I don't like to enter your house because of your family. But I was about to because of you.

Because I didn't know how my sweetie pie was. You think some worker's words would reassure me? That was worst thing I have experienced after mom's death.

Promise me sweetie pie; promise me that you won't so that again. Whatever the problem would be, we will face it together. I'm here with you. Sometime you will make mistakes, sometimes I will make mistakes but you need to promise me that you would never hide away from me. Sweetie pie would never leave her Bir."

Kabir said and Sanaa who was already feeling emotional from all the events couldn't stop herself and had a breakdown right there in front of him.

"I'm sorry Bir. I'm so sorry." She said in between her sobs and he gently rocked her back. He didn't like tears but he hated to see her crying.

The situation with Mr. Malik was really stressing her and maybe he shouldn't have said all those stuff to her. She was still young and seeing her crying like this he was sure that she wasn't ready to know the truth.

Not yet and also he can't tell her now.

It was not the time.

All in time.

He chanted.

She needs to be mentally, emotionally and financially strong enough before he tells her the truth. He remembered his promise to Mr. Malik and knew that he has to wait fulfil his promise but he was sure that he will do it, one day.

***

Sanaa was not crying for herself but for him. With every tear her heart was weeping for his loss. She felt so sad for him, for what happened to his mother.

She cried for the time he has to spend in orphanage. She can't imagine how much struggle he has to go through as a child because he didn't have a father. She has seen that till today the look people give to him when he doesn't talk about his father. How they judge him!

This is the reason that's why he hates businessmen. Now it was all making sense. That's why he was making her strong because he can't see her suffer like his mother did.

But one thing she didn't understand was, why was he guiding her when her father caused him and his mother so much pain?

She knew that she looked similar to her father. Her face was a constant reminder of the man he hated and yet he cares for her. He didn't judge her because of her father and that made her realise how strong he was and how much he cared for her.

And so that day she promised herself to never be weak. She will be strong, she will rise high enough and she will become brave. She cried her heart out that day because this was the last time Sanaa Malik will cry.

***

"Dad, I want to become a doctor. Harvard is great but I don't want to go into a business school. You don't have to like it; you don't have to support it.

You just have to sign these papers. It's my life; I should live it the way I want just like you have lived your life the way you want." Sanaa spoke as she faced her father and Mr. Malik was stunned to see his meek daughter speaking up to him for the first time in her life.

He was not a fool. He knew who was teaching her all these. That boy was becoming greater trouble than he expected him to be.

He could have argued with her but he understood that her decision was final. Her eyes, the look on her face was so much similar to his when he has arrived at any decision. Also, Kabir's words were roaming in his head.

And so he signed the papers.

"I know one day you will regret your decision and that day I will be here to see it. A daughter who could not live up to her father's expectation won't succeed in her life." He said when she was leaving.

"I'm not the first daughter to not listen to her father." She just said and left leaving him stilled because he could see the history repeating itself and wasn't sure if he would like the outcome of all of this.

A daughter was once again going against her father because of someone else's words. 

***

And we are done with teenage.

Time to grow up and grow apart (;

Thoughts about...

Kabir

Sanaa

Mr. Malik

Please read author's note in next chapter regarding an important discussion.