Chapter 33

Ai/Itami POV

The Konoha gates were visible now, and the thought of finally having a day to myself was an itching urge to run whilst leaving them in a fog of dust. I could not comprehend the many times Naruto had to use the restroom of trees or bushes, and the constant times of Sakura clinging onto Sasuke. Kakashi was exceptional, except he had some minor attacks of Icha-Icha-deprivation. He ended up reading the same book 8 times, probably more.

And Sasuke? He had to use me as a shield whenever Sakura decided to attack with her hormones and contaminate us along with her special fangirl diagnosis of supreme fawning and attachment to a certain male of piquing interests of which were highly recommended to the whole female population of the former Academy students. That was the definition of her disease. It's getting worse by the minute. If I don't heal it, she will surely die of fangasms! That is why, I shall learn medical ninjutsu.

I think I am getting a new sickness. The boisterous diagnosis of orange symptoms; where ramen is the only taste that will satisfy your needs. Maybe two diseases. The jejune diagnosis of seriousness and need for revenge; vengeance is the main priority for everything. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm already ill.

These were the many reasons of how annoyed I was during this trip... And the many sicknesses I got...

Once we entered the gates of the leaf village, I proclaimed ill, which I'm sure I was, and was allowed early dismissal to retire. Kakashi went to go report the mission's success to the Hokage, as I fluttered off to my apartment. It was colder than usual, but everything was in it's according places of recognition that I took in regards of my safety. I walked around with a kunai by my side, sliding doors open to check, and closing them once done. I stealthily walked behind the sofa, over to the kitchen, over to the main hallway, and checked the weaponry room first. My eyes swiftly glazed around, confirming that it was clear, but my body froze as my orbs turned to look at the missing item. Looking through all these weapons jumbled together, you could hardly tell something was missing. It seemed that it was full, actually. But an important item wasn't above them.

No, it just left a dust covered outline of where it used to be.

The ANBU Weasel mask was missing from it's eye catching place. My eyes widened as I slide the door open roughly with a loud thud. I hurried into the room and grip my kunai tightly, ready for any dangerous projectiles or dark auras that will surely have an intention of attacking. I furrowed my brows as I wondered whilst staring into the darkness of the shadows that may or may not contain someone.

Did I bring it with me?

I thought back to when we left, but was met with nothing.

I don't recall bringing it... So I'm sure that-

The room went oddly quiet, with a ghostly chill roaming around. Beyond the shadow, you could see a black gloved hand glide it's fingers across weaponry, until the person stepped out of hiding. Though, he blended with the darkness, measly wearing a black cloak with his hood up. His fingers touched the tips of a katana, before he moved on to a different weapon. I couldn't see his face yet, but this man's aura was dark and deadly. He had that soulless and empty feeling dwelling within.

Then, dark chuckling began echoing around the room. It could make any blood stop, any heart run, and make any brain shut down. But I refused to give in to fear, gripping the kunai so hard my knuckles turned white.

"What do you want... Who are you?!" I exclaimed, letting papers slip through my body. I only received that same chuckle, before he turned to me. My eyes narrowed. He was wearing an orange mask, swirly with only one eye hole. However, throughout that one eye hole was a glowing, red, Sharingan. He began to slowly take off his mask, saying words I had to hear.

"I am... Uchiha Madara. And I know who and where your parents are..."

My eyes widened while my fingers relaxed, but I quickly regained myself and gritted my teeth, holding the kunai harder and narrowing my eyes until it was a glare. I quickly ran at him with full speed and aimed for his mask, but I simply went through him.

"It's useless, little girl. You can't hit me. Why not hear me out?"

Thoughts clicked in my head as I jumped back for a good distance. "You aren't Madara..."

His visible eye narrowed as he stopped taking off his mask and readjusted it on.

"I know what types of jutsu Madara can use, and I've never read about the jutsu you just used." I declared, challenging him as I watched his expression.

"Hm, those books aren't accurate. During my time of living, I gained more power than you could ever imagine." He nonchalantly said, waving his hands slightly before he walked towards me. "Now, listen, will you?"

I reluctantly nodded, backing away every time he made a step to me. He sighed, stopping and standing in one place while I make more distance until stopping as well.

"I would like you to join Akatsuki-"

"I decline." I immediately replied, cutting him off. I've heard of the Akatsuki and their deeds, how they were a good association during the war, but became a group of S Class Criminals later on. It was shocking to read how much of a horrible development that was.

Ignoring it, he continued, "Your mother and father are there, too. We would provide you safety and necessary needs as well. We could even give you the place as co leader."

Oh, so my parents are criminals. Criminals that abandoned me for their own inconsiderate needs. They probably don't even care....

With a monotone, I replied, "I decline." And fluttered off, knowing that he won't follow me or bother me during this time. Before I left, I saw his eye narrow, then he disappeared.

Unknown POV

Stupid girl...

She's so weak!

Annoying!

Tch, she looked so lifeless after mentioning her parents...

What a weakling!

Danzo created a weak, impudent girl!

If he hadn't even taken her she would be stronger!

Dammit!

When I reappeared outside the Akatsuki base, Zetsu greeted me.

"So, did you get her?" He asked with his somewhat cheery voice. I stayed silent as I walked by him, ignoring his talking. "Oh, I'm guessing you didn't." he guessed with his deep, evil voice.

"Make sure we get the Jinchuriki." was all I said before I disappeared into the shadows.

Stupid brat...