Chapter 15

Kakashi POV

That Hyuuga kid blushed when Itami gave him her acknowledgement, making me narrow my eyes suspiciously. The look in his eyes too, made me feel so overprotective and excited at the same time, it was so nostalgic. His eyes when he saw her, it was oblivious love. He did not know it, nor did he acknowledge it. When it came to his feelings, he was prospected to be ominous about it, leaving him to despise it.

I felt someone tug on my hand, making me look down to see Itami, blue orbs full of concern. "Is something wrong, Kakashi-san?" She asked, seemingly so pure and innocent. I smiled and ruffled her hair, getting a smile from her. Though, when that Neji kid blushed again, I had to say something.

"We should head back. Oh, and Neji, may I speak with you?"

He gave a small nod, following me a few ways farther from them. I looked over to Itami to see her conversing with Gai and his other students. "What do you think about Itami?" I asked, shocking him.

He narrowed his eyes, not liking this. "What do you mean?" He stopped a growl from escaping. I wasn't affected by this, rather it made me more serious. I fully turned to look at him deeply.

"What is your opinion about Itami?" I repeated, more stern. I couldn't help it, she was someone I absolutely had to protect. Boys could hurt her, physically and mentally, and I wasn't going to take the chances without a test.

"Nothing, she is simply someone who could succeed in life. That is her fate." He commented, looking into my eye. He was so confident with his answer, and I didn't like it. To be honest, I think she'd be better off with Lee than him.

"Is that how you really feel, or are you leaving things out?" I questioned, making him slightly crack a bit. His eyes diverted to different places, knowing that he simply couldn't lie this one.

"That is all."

I sighed and shrugged, shoving my hands into my pockets. "I guess it'll take a bit longer to find out." I said, getting a confused but irritated look from him. Without a word, I walked away and to Itami, getting one of her closed eye smiles.

Ai/Itami POV

I smiled at Kakashi, making him ruffle my hair once again. "Let's go, it's already been two hours." He stated, looking at his nonexistent watch. I only shook my head with a tiny laugh, following him to the training grounds we were supposed to meet in.

-

Right when they took notice of us, Naruto and Sakura pointed accusing fingers at us. "You're late!" They shouted, looking annoyed as we stopped in front of them. Kakashi gave a sheepish smile, waving a bit.

He apologized while giving a bad excuse, annoying the Genin more. I joined the three, getting a frown from Naruto. "Why are you late, Itami-chan?" He asked, a little less loud and bombarding.

"I had to help some old lady with her bags." I lied, getting pointing fingers in my face too.

"Liar!"

"Okay! We'll be taking the bell test." Kakashi announced, taking out three bells. He began explaining the purpose of it, pitting them against each other to my dislike. I didn't like the idea, but I knew it would be good to make out a great team. I mean, Tenzo, Kakashi, and I make one, and we are pretty famous for it in the ANBU. We're called the Tag Team of Superb Wits, even known in other countries, yet they don't know my identity. I'm just a big mystery, even to myself.

"And... start!"

I disappeared from my spot, literally with no trace of me unlike the others who had just jumped. I looked over at Kakashi to see him preoccupied with Naruto. I sighed, knowing that I still had to act like I was serious. Atop of a tree, I took some kunai and threw it around Naruto. His eyes widened as he looked around, until he switched his gaze to where they were thrown, only to be met with an empty tree top. I had moved to a more hidden spot: under the ground. I knew exactly where the others were, I could sense their chakra, it was wavering in fear when I had thrown the kunai, letting me know that they had looked around too. Kakashi, though, wasn't surprised as he went back to his book.

I had thrown kunai around Naruto to stop his movement, knowing that Kakashi had to move away from him and go along with the plan.

When I felt Naruto hanging by a tree, I let a bit of my chakra out for Kakashi to sense. It didn't take that long for him to appear, give me a bell, then disappear in a puff of smoke. I shook my head slightly and got out of the ground, fluttering over to watch the area.

A fainted Sakura.

Sasuke's head.

And a Naruto that tried to sneak and eat lunch.

This is perfect. Note the sarcasm.

GAH! 2 DAYS WITHOUT UPDATING? I'M A DISGRACE! Hehe! Anyway, my brother requested a Naruto love story from me so I had to make that -.- I'm going to publish it someday! It's gunna be called.... DUNNO! I'll just tell you guys later. XD Sorry that the talk with Neji wasn't as AWESOME as you guys expected it to be! Well, see you on the next update!

ThatRandomLoveStory-