More

Mazy

"I..." I couldn't say it. Why couldn't I say it? This could change everything! This could be my chance to finally convince him that it's worth risking our friendship over. All I had to do was say that I loved him.

But maybe it's not worth it... my subconscious whispered, What if he doesn't think you're good enough to be his girlfriend?

What? This is Luke we're talking about here. He'd never think that, ever. I've always been good enough for him.

To be his friend, maybe, but he's never brought up the subject of dating each other. What do you think that means?

Maybe it means he's just as afraid as I am about this.

Maybe...but then again, there's always the possibility he just doesn't want you.

I groaned loudly at the voices in my head. I wish I could just get it together and say what I want to say.

I stood up off of the bed, pacing in front of Luke. My hands ruffled my hair as I took long deep breaths, trying, and desperately failing, to calm my nerves. Luke huffed and made his way towards me. He grabbed my hands, pulling them out of my hair and forced my gaze to meet his.

"Just say it," he said pleadingly, "Do you know how long I've wanted to hear the words telling me exactly how you feel come from your mouth? I just want to know if I need to move on because I am going absolutely crazy."

"Move on?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yes, move on. Damn, Mazy, do you not see how I feel? I kiss you in front of everybody, I feel the urge to knock out any guy that looks at you, especially Liam, I ask you how you feel. Why would I ask that unless I felt something more than just wanting to be your friend?"

"You...want to...be more than friends?" I asked timidly. My heart rate sped in my chest, making it impossible for him not to hear.

He sighed as if he'd said it a hundred times now, but his eyes softened at my question.

"Yes. I want more than what we are. I always have. Please, just put me out of my misery. Tell me you feel the same..."

My eyebrows pulled together in curiosity. Always? He has felt like I have all this time... How stupid could I have been?

"Of course I feel the same..." I whispered in reply, "I always have, too, Andy. I've always..."

No... it's too soon for that.

His crystal eyes searched mine pleadingly, begging me to go on. I couldn't finish that sentence. It was just too soon. I just told him I wanted more, I shouldn't be saying I love him two seconds into the relationship, or what I hoped to be a relationship soon.

"Say it..." he requested as he moved closer to me, "Please. I will... I'll say it as many times as it takes to make you mine forever. I'll always love you. I love you, I've always loved you, I will always love you. I love you, Mazy Katherine, please... Just say it back. For my sanity's sake."

All I could do was wrap my arms around his neck and push his lips to mine. His mouth was like sweet mint, just as it was the first two times we kissed. I can't say I know what I'm doing when I kiss him, but I don't think he minds. I don't either, really, as long as he never stops kissing me ever again.