I Wish She Was Mine

Luke

"Ready?" Mazy asked for the thousandth time.

I laughed and said, "Yes! Just go already."

She giggled. "Okay, okay. Favorite color?"

"Neon orange." I replied easily.

"Favorite drink?"

"Big red."

"Favorite movie?"

"Peter Pan."

"Favorite song?"

"Warzone by The Wanted."

"Favorite band?"

"As in boyband or just a band in general?"

She pursed her lips and answered thoughtfully, "Both."

"Okay, well the boyband would NSYNC, and your favorite band is Marianas Trench."

She sighed. "Okay. What about my favorite car?"

"Mazy, you hate cars. Your brother has ruined them for you forever."

"Yes, but there is one poster in his room that doesn't have a mostly naked girl on top of it," she replied as she wrinkled her nose in disgust.

Her brother loves cars, but he tends to like his nice and sporty dream car with a side of stripper. That's why she doesn't like cars. All of the cars that were actually decent looking to her had been ruined by walking into her brother's room and seeing his porn filled walls.

Don't get me wrong, Tyler was usually a pretty cool guy. He was just one of those guys who only looked at a girl's body, and if he didn't like what he saw, he didn't stick around to see who they really were. He's pretty much just a playboy and a jerk when it comes to women.

I think there was one car I remember seeing. I'm pretty sure it was a...

"1989 Viper?" I guessed.

She groaned in frustration. "Dang it. I thought I had you on that one."

"Can't trick me, Mazy Wazy. I know you inside and out." I smiled smugly. "Go ahead, keep asking."

"Fine," she replied, whining, "What about my favorite thing to do?"

"Please," I scoffed, "I answered that one this morning. Singing. Unless you're in front of people. Then it's sitting in the corner and writing."

She smiled and looked over at me. Tonight we were in her room. We took turns each night. Tomorrow we would be back in my room. Neither of us could sleep without each other or some type of music.

"One last question," she said, still smiling.

"Ready for anything," I replied confidently.

She rolled on her side and played with my hand absentmindedly. She flipped my hand, drawing circles on my palm. It felt really nice, almost tickling, but I ached for her gentle touch too much to make her stop.

"Who's my favorite person in the world?" she asked after a little while. It was a question I didn't know the answer to.

"Uhh..." I mumbled, dumbfounded, "Harry Styles?" She giggled and shook her head. "Josh Hutcherson?"

"No..." she replied, still smiling goofily.

I honestly didn't know. I named her favorite two famous people in the world, the only two answers I could think of, and I wasn't sure if she liked anybody else except her family.

I stared heavily at the ceiling. Well, there goes my egotistical edge.

"You really don't know?" she asked. I shook my head slowly in defeat. She pushed my face towards hers so I had to look at her. "It's you, silly," she answered, her lips only slightly turned up.

My face lit up as I said, "Really? I'm your favorite person in the whole entire world?"

"Mmhmm..." she hummed in response.

She curled up against my chest, just as I found her this morning when I woke up. Her gentle breath tickled my neck as I pulled her closer.

I wish I could tell her how I felt. I wish I knew she would feel the same. I wish it could always be like this, that I could always just climb up into her windowsill when I wanted to see her. I want to hold her, and kiss her, and make her feel loved. I know what she thinks about herself, but while she thinks she's fat, ugly, and her personality sucks, all I see is that she has amazing curves, is drop dead gorgeous, and absolutely irresistible. I just want her to see what I see. I want her to see the beautiful, funny, smart, caring, adorable, and perfect girl that she is. I love her, and I wish I could let her see. I wish she was mine.

"Did you fall asleep on me, Andy?" her soft voice asked quietly.

I smiled and replied, "No, I'm still awake."

"Well, I'm..." She yawned, "...slipping fast."

I chuckled. "I can tell, Maze."

"I'm gonna go ahead...and...sleep..."

I pressed my cheek against her hair and gently kissed the top of her head.

"You're my favorite too, princess," I whispered against her, "I love you."

She didn't respond, so I assumed she had already fallen asleep. Not too long after, I was fading too, dreaming of being with her, just like this, forever.