We Did It

Luke

*6 Months Later*

So, it turns out, Ashton and Sara have liked each other since freshman year. They were just too stubborn to admit it, and of course, they thought making each other miserable would suffice. Ah, I remember when I felt that way... Boy, were we wrong.

At the moment, I'm staring up at Mazy, giving her Valedictorian speech at our graduation. I couldn't have been more proud of her when she told me the good news. Everyone expected me to be the valedictorian, but after me and my Father talked out my future, I kind of laid back from my grades. I didn't get lazy, I just realized that being number one didn't matter anymore. I'm going to get into an amazing college with my good grades, but I'm going for my music major, not Government and Economics. Which I am so stoked for.

"My fellow students," Mazy spoke nervously, "Not to be cliche or anything, but... We made it!" All of us went hysterical, screaming and cheering loudly. "Never in a million years did I imagine I would be up here giving this speech. Three years ago, I would've fainted being told that I have to make this speech. To be completely honest, my knees are still buckling, but I couldn't be more honored. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to say to all of you guys. I mean, we've all been told what a huge achievement this is since our first day of kindergarten. You all know that this is best day of our high school career, so why retell that? Everyone here probably expects me to stand up here and talk about what a great time we all had in high school, how these days are going to be the best of our lives, that we will always remember the memories we made here. That isn't true. Yes, what happened in these halls and classrooms won't ever be forgotten. Sure, we had some amazing times together, but I refuse to let my biggest and best moments be confined within these walls. I want to go to college. I want to be famous and sing. I want to live out my dreams and let that be the best time of my life. I'll admit, I'm going to miss this place. If any of you know me, you know I'm not good with change at all, but believe me when I say, I'm so ready to get on with my life. I love you all so much, and I can't express how much you mean to me. I will miss you, but for the first time in my life, I'm excited to move on because although these were some of my best memories, I'm looking forward to making even better ones. I'm looking forward to making mistakes, trying to pick up the pieces, finally fixing it, and messing it up all over again. So I ask you, class of 2015, are you going to spend your future mesmerized by the past, or are you going to go out into the world, kick major ass and do whatever it is you love to do? Thank you."

She didn't even flinch. I tried to tell everyone that once you get her going, she isn't so quiet and shy. She's perfect, and I can't comprehend why she thinks otherwise.

*After Ceremony*

"Mazy..." I whined, stretching out the very last syllable, "Baby, come here."

She giggled and looked innocently down at me. "Why don't you come up here?"

"Because I'm lazy," I replied with snark, "Why don't you come down here?"

"Maybe I'm lazy too," she said with a wink.

"We're about to have to go soon anyway-"

"Luke! Maze!" Calum called out to us.

I looked up at her with a smirk and proudly muttered, "I told you so.."

With her signature eye roll and huff, she reached down with her hands, requesting my help to get down. I gladly stepped forward and placed my hands on her hips, lowering her to the ground.

Just as our eyes met, and I was about to lean in to kiss her, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I sighed and slightly turned to my left to find Liam with the biggest grin ever. Surprisingly enough, it was directed towards me, not Mazy.

Yes, I was cool with him now. Of course, I am still very cautious of him, but he's not so bad. He likes soccer, we listen to the same kind of music, and he respects my boundaries when it comes to my girlfriend.

"Congratulations!" he said to both of us, "Your speech was great, Mazy."

She smiled her sweet smile and replied, "Thank you so much, Li. I nearly had a panic attack on stage."

"Nah, you killed it. As for you, senior captain, I am going to need major advice on how to take your place..."

I simply laughed. "Liam, if I didn't think you were good enough, I wouldn't have handed it down to you. You're too good not be captain. It's your senior year, and now that I've graduated, you're the best on the squad. You've got this."

"Thank you," he answered with a kind smile, "You don't know how much it means to hear that. Well, I'll let you two go celebrate. Have fun, be safe." He winked before walking away.

I, of course, was laughing my ass off whereas Mazy blushed her ass off.

"I've never heard him say anything like that..." she said, absolutely mortified.

I continued my hysterics as I said, "Me neither, but it was hilarious!"

My response earned a scowl from her, but surprisingly, that was all she did.

"Luke! Come on, bro!" Ashton yelled this time.

Mazy huffed and started to walk away, but before she could, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into me.

"Who said you could leave?" I asked, our faces mere centimeters apart.

"I did," she said with a pout.

I had to try my best not to smirk at her. "Fine. I'll let you go if you do me one favor..."

Her eyes narrowed at my mischievous gaze before cautiously answering, "What's the favor?"

My hands wormed around her slim torso, and I held onto her tightly. I gently lifted her with ease, longing for the gorgeous laugh that always came from her when I spun her in the air.

Just as I finally heard it, I set her down and said, "Smile, my love. We get to start our entire lives together and never have to look back."

Her lips curled up at this before she pulled at the hair on my neck and pushed our mouths together.

I can only imagine what our future holds, but I know mine and Mazy's are entwined. They always have been, they always will be.

We were meant for each other. That's all that truly matters.