Jealous

Mazy

Have you ever felt completely empty? Like your life has hit rock bottom and your soul has officially been sucked out of your body? That's exactly how I felt, and it really did suck.

It'd been three weeks since we made our own little scene in rehearsals, and Luke was doing everything in his power to avoid me. Not that I wasn't going out of my way not to see him, but I wasn't doing it nearly as obvious as him. He didn't sit next to me in any of our classes, he sat with Tiffany at lunch, and he ignored me in the halls. The only time we spent together was after school, as Stella and Brett. We had to be good actors if the ice between us in reality didn't effect the chemistry between our characters. If it did, we would've been kicked off of this musical in a heartbeat.

It was lunch time, and I sat in between Liam and Michael, staring at his face from across the cafeteria.

"Has Luke been ignoring you guys, too?" Ashton asked, tearing my attention from his smirking expression. All of the boys nodded in unison.

"Yeah, he's been ditching band practice lately," Calum replied.

Ashton groaned angrily and said, "This is getting ridiculous. What on earth happened, Maze? If anyone at this table would know, it's you."

I glanced between Ash and Liam, debating on running away, leaving Liam to explain, and just answering the question.

I cleared my throat and finally answered, "We, umm, had a fight the other day at rehearsal."

"About what?" Terri asked.

"Uh..." I fumbled, "Nothing that important. Just stupid stuff..." Sara eyed me as if she knew exactly what going on, as did Liam. Of course, he did know. I mean, I did kiss him right after it all happened. Which made it extremely awkward the next few days, but we talked it out, and we're okay now. No hard feelings, it never happened.

"Well, whatever it was, you guys just need to make up," Michael said, "Because this sucks. We're all supposed to be sitting at this table together. It doesn't feel the same without him here..."

I know what you mean... I know the feeling too well...

I sighed. "I agree." I stood up, grabbed my backpack and my tray, and went to dump it, leaving the lunch room quietly. Liam followed after me as I headed to the library, just like every other day.

As soon as we sat down, Luke appeared in the doorway, hand-in-hand with Tiffany Stewart. Our eyes met for a second, and I froze. There was an emotion I didn't recognize in his gaze, something I'd never seen in anyone.

He sat his stuff down, still staring at me, before he glanced to my left, his expression turning into a harsh glare.

What did he have against Liam? He couldn't have seen the kiss... He was long gone by then, I'm sure. Then again, why do I care if he did or not? It's not like he's doing anything about it if he did. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I care that he saw me kiss him! I don't want him to think that I just go around kissing people when he's not around to give me the comfort best friends are supposed to give. Well, it was his fault. He can't just humiliate me and then ice me out afterwards.

Luke quickly turned away, putting his attention back on Tiff, and grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it while she giggled like an idiot.

The little bastard was trying to make me jealous, and sadly, it was working. I glanced at Liam, getting the urge to kiss him again to spite the butthole, but I wasn't going to stoop to his level or hurt Liam again.

I looked back at his seat to find his glare back at the light brown haired boy next to me.

I couldn't believe how childish he was acting. Kissing her hand, looking at me as if he missed me, glaring at Liam. He needed to learn to make up his mind because his mood swings were starting to give me whiplash.