I Think I Should Tell Him

Mazy

It'd been a long day, to say the least. I can't believe he wrote that song in such a short amount of time... I wish I had his talent.

Currently, I was laying on my bed reading for English class. Although I loved books, I hated the ones Mr. Lock assigned. Of course, the music jammed into my ears made it so much easier to endure. It always did.

"Ow!" I heard all of a sudden.

My head snapped to the right, towards my window, to find Luke sitting on the ground, rubbing his head.

"What in the world are you doing?" I asked as I yanked out my headphones and rushed to his side.

He smiled shyly and replied, "I wanted to stay with you tonight..."

A giggle fell from my lips as I said, "You're an idiot. Why didn't you just call me?"

"I suppose I was trying to be romantic..." he said with an adorable timidness in his voice.

I smiled as I reached out to help him up. He placed his hand in mine and pulled lightly to try and stand on his feet. As soon as his height towered over me, he wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face in my neck.

I giggled before saying, "You missed me already?"

"Mmm..." he hummed in agreement, "Definitely."

"We saw each other three hours ago."

"Exactly," he replied with a smirk, "Three hours is far too much for my fragile heart to handle."

I scrunched my nose at his sweetness, savoring the moment even though this was all surely a dream.

"So what happened with your Mom?" I asked curiously, "You left in quite a bit of a rush."

"Well, that night I wrote that song, I got stopped by my Mom. She knows that I don't want to go into politics when I grow up. She's trying to get me to tell my Dad that, and no matter how many times she says that he'll understand and it may not be so bad once it's off my chest, deep down I know he's just going to be pissed at me. If he is ever able to let me do what I want with my life, he'll still resent me for it."

Mr. Bright was a man who was hard to say no to, so I don't blame Luke for being hesitant. He's intimidating, stubborn, and has no other child to follow in his footsteps when he resigns. Although he protests it often, Luke is very much like his Father. They both have blonde hair and blue eyes, they're both stubborn, they're both short-tempered, and both impossible to get emotions out of. Andrew Bright has not been the best Dad, but I do wish Luke would get past that and be the more mature one in the situation. Instead, he just pouts.

In attempt to comfort him, I lace both of our hands together and whisper, "He cannot tell you what to do with your life. The only one who controls your decisions is you. As scary as it sounds, you're responsible for your choices. I believe you could be an amazing artist one day, you just have to convince him that. If he knew how wonderful you were, he wouldn't be so opposed to it."

He nodded slowly. "That's not why I came here, though..."

"Oh," I replied, "Then what do you want to do?"

A torturously slow smile crept upon his lips as his tongue glided across the bottom. His fingers unhooked mine, and he dragged his hands along my arms and all the way to my cheeks. My face became red with a feverish blush.

He chuckled. "Why so nervous, Mazy Wazy?"

I smiled slightly, trying to slow my heart rate, "I just don't know what to do... I've never been with somebody before."

"That's okay," he said as he brushed his mouth on mine, "I like the fact that I'm the first to touch you. You're innocent, and that's not a bad thing."

Before I could answer, we were kissing again. I lead him back to the bed, so we could be more comfortable. I didn't want to take things too fast. I wasn't ready to go all of the way, even with Luke. He knew that, and I know he's never push that on me. I trust him with everything I am.

But there is one thing I think I should tell him...