Chapter 27

Jennie

"But I think I owe you some answers why."

"Answers why?" I repeated.

"Yes. Answers why," she put down the picture and sat in front of me.

"You are an artwork."

"How...how did you know?"

"Because I know it. I knew it all. How Lisa took time to create an image inside her head, how she carefully drew an image of you and how the drawing came to life. That sketch pad doesn't have any magic, it was only in her and her strong will that led to you being real."

"But–" she paused mid-sentence.

"But what?"

"You'll disappear once the time allotted for you reach its peak."

I'll disappear? Vanish? Permanently in this world?

"Why?" Why would I be gone? What will happen to her after I'm gone? Can she live without me?

The lady in front of me slightly smiled. "I know what you're thinking but the world must return to its original pattern. All that's not part of this world must disappear to not cause chaos and maintain its original balance. Things must go back to their rightful place but you should always remember to trust the process."

"You only have a limited time to be with them so you must go back now to spend your remaining time while it lasts."

I was completely stunned and couldn't utter any word after she said those words. Anytime soon I'll leave her. After months of being with her, I don't think I could leave this world.

"Hey Jennie, are you alright?"

"Nini it's okay we're here."

I opened my eyes and saw 3 different heads peeking at me. I slowly get up and they all assisted me.

"All three of you should relax. Jennie's alive and doesn't have any serious condition," I find where the voice came from and it was Evelyn, Jisoo's grandma. She walked over the bedside table carrying something I supposed it was food and water.

"It's good that you're awake now Jennie. You slept for a day," I slept for what?

They must have noticed my reaction that I didn't have any single clue on what happened to me so Jisoo explained.

"We were supposed to go to the basement yesterday to search some books but then, you suddenly passed out. We were so worried for you Jendeukie but I'm glad it's not something serious and you're awake now," she put on a smile.

"I'm also glad too," I answered.

Then Chaeyoung suddenly told a story. "Did you know that Jisoo made a promise that she won't eat chickens again unless I told her to even if it's her favorite because of you? She really swore it yesterday when you passed out. She became hysterical for a sec haha."

"Aw you're making me too soft guys. You really love me that much?"

Jisoo scoffed, "No one can top my love for chickens."

And that was the cue for her to be smacked by Chaeyoung. The hit made a loud sound and I think I could feel the pain from it.

"Of course I love you too hehe," Jisoo corrected her sentence which made us laugh.

We are still chit-chatting and telling stories when I found my gaze at someone. Oh my god. I forgot about her for a sec.

She's not joining us in our conversations and just staring at me. She didn't even flinch when I stared at her too.

"Come here," I opened my arms wide for a hug. And that's when I got her attention.

She pointed at herself. "Me?"

I chuckled. "Of course you silly. Come here I wanna hug my girlfriend."

Her face lit up and was about to go to me but she stopped herself, "No I don't want to," she shook her head.

"And why not?"

"Because you made me worried yesterday."

And that's when Chaeyoung interrupted.

"She's really worried yesterday Jennie. She doesn't know what to do. She's even pacing back and forth even when grandma Evelyn clearly told us that you're fine and just needs some rest. I swore she's even funnier than Jisoo hahaha."

"Really?" I turned at Lisa. I must've scared her that much. "Aw my poor little baby. Come here give me a hug"

But she didn't even move a little bit so I raised a brow at her and she went pouting to give me a hug.

"You're whipped my friend," Jisoo snide a comment.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her and she did the same as me. I missed her scent, I missed her body, I missed her. I missed Lisa.

"I missed you," I whispered behind her ear.

"I missed you too Nini. Don't pass out like that again okay?" She said and I nodded on her shoulder.

"So enough of you guys talking. Now that Jennie's awake, I think you should go help me in the basement right?" Jisoo's grandma interrupted.

"The three of you should help me while Jennie should stay here and get some rest okay?"

"Okay but I think I have gotten enough rest. Can I roam around the house for a bit?"

"Sure," and then they went outside the room but Lisa's still not leaving.

"Why are you still here?"

She held my hand. "Are you sure you want to be left alone here? Will you be okay?"

I held her cheeks and planted a soft smile.

"Of course. It's not like I'll disappear from you Lili."

She scanned my features for a second then she kissed me and went to the door.

"We'll find some answers. Just relax here okay," and then she closed the door.

I heaved a sigh after she went out.

I already knew the answer, Lisa. But I don't think I have the guts to tell you.