Chapter 9

Jennie

“What?” Did she just say I can work for her? Wait, what is Lisa’s job in the first place? Okay, from the looks of it, I think she’s an artist. Yeah, well that’s why I’m here in the first place. So she wants me to be her subjec–

“You’ll be my assistant”

“What?!” she seems taken aback at the sudden rise of my voice as well as me because I thought differently!

“You don’t want it?”

“No, I mean okay” I huffed, “Yes” I don’t have much choice here and besides, I can be comfortable with her rather than work with someone I don’t know. But I really thought…I sighed. Okay fine.

“So how much is my salary?” I crossed my arms.

“I was planning on giving you free food, free shelter, free necessities, everything you need” I expect there’s still a but next to it.

I nod. “So you’re giving me everything except from money” I continued.

“Yeah” she slowly nods, “That’s a great offer isn’t it?”

So I will not be getting any money, but, “I’m not getting any money?!”

“Come to think of it, all your basic needs will be provided to you. Isn’t that nice? Plus you get to live in this house”

I looked at her incredulously, “Isn’t that unfair?!”

She remained calm. “Do you want it or not?”

“Of course!” she raised a brow. “I want” I quieted down and she beamed.

“That’s more like it because I am in need of an assistant these days” I rolled my eyes which made her chuckle so I glared at her which made her laugh even harder.

“So what am I gonna do then?” I asked when she calmed down.

“Now that you have a job, you better start now” she said then stands on her sit and proceeded to the door while I remained at the room not understanding what she said. “Why are you still there?” she pulled me out of the room then went out of her house. We entered her car and she started driving. Is she kidnapping me?!

I warily looked at her which made her glanced at me questioningly then also looked straight ahead because she’s driving.

“Where are we going Lisa? I thought I’ll start my job now?” I asked her. She turned to me and said “You are really starting now, remember what I told you earlier you just have to help me schedule appointments, talk with gallerists, and answer emails” then she returned her gaze in front.

“Yeah I know that but why am I tagging along with you?”

“Duh, you can always do that anywhere. I have my laptop at the back” I turned to glance at the backseat and saw her macbook. I returned my gaze at her. “Are you perhaps…taking me…..on a date?” I cautiously asked and she immediately turned to me.

“Huh?”

“Duh” I echoed what she said earlier. “So where’re we going?”

“To find inspiration” she smiles. It made me more curious to where we’re going as I glance at the car window and I started to feel my eyes getting heavier.

**

I think an hour has passed and Lisa’s voice woke me up.

“Yes Chaengie....okay take care....say hi for me to your parents” she said then pressed some button on her car to end the call. She’s talking to Chaeyoung. Maybe she’s already in her parents’ house.