Chapter 22

Jennie

My face lose all its colors when I saw the ride. I became a stone in where I'm standing I can hear Lisa talking to me but I don't really give a damn about what she's saying. My attention is all on that ride. I hear how people scream at top of their lungs as the ride reached the loop making it turn upside down. Is she sure we're going to ride that one?

"Are you okay?" She asked me. The concern is visible in her eyes. I gulped and turn to see the ride again.

"Is Jennie Kim scared of the roller coasters?" she is mocking me. Of course, I don't want her to get the wrong info so I answered her. "I'm not scared. C'mon, let's go it's our turn."

"You know there's no turning back babe," she said and we sit on the ride.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I asked the operator of the ride for the nth time. I am slowly panicking here. Lisa held my hand and squeezes it softly and looked at me straight in the eye.

"If you're scared, we can ride another one," she said but I don't want to so I put my other hand on top of her hand to assure her that I want to ride this one. "I'm just nervous Lisa that's why I'm acting like this."

The ride started. I tightened my grip on Lisa's hand. "Hey Nini, don't be scared I'm here. If you want to shout, just shout. Let it all out," She said and smiled at me giving me reassurance.

And yes, I screamed loudly like it's my LaAAAaST.

"I am never gonna ride that again I swear," I said after gaining my strength from that thrilling ride.

"Even so, thanks for accompanying me in there. It's great," we are now heading to our last destination, the ferries wheel. After having fun of the extreme rides, we all want a ride that is serene. The ferries wheel is on one of the lists.

"I heard there'll be a fireworks display today a few minutes from now," Lisa said making me turn to her.

"Really?!" It's my first time seeing a fireworks display.

She nodded "Yes, it's good timing we are here in the ferries wheel to have a good view."

The ride moves slowly taking us to the top. Lisa held my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"I'm happy to be here with you," she started. I stared at her, "And so do I."

"I've never been this happy my entire life since you came. I thought I'll be happy alone but when you appeared out of nowhere, all my beliefs started to crumble. If I told my old self that I'll find the one in a sketchpad, I wouldn't believe it because who is sane enough to believe that kind of thing? To think that you're only my imagination and drew you but then woke up the next day with you being real to touch, I would certainly put that person in a mental hospital. But you're here with me and that will never change," I don't know what to say. I'm happy too that I'm here with her and I don't want to be away from her.

"Jennie Kim, I really really like you and I want us to be real. Will you be my girlfriend?" She asked and looked at me sweetly.

"You already made an entire speech so how can I say no?" I teased.

"You're ruining the mood," she pouts.

I ignored her and responded, "Of course, I'll be your girlfriend," she smiled and held my face to kiss me. We pulled out after a few seconds with a smile plastered on our lips as we watch the fireworks display in awe while leaning toward each other.

"But aren't we already started dating yesterday?"

"Nope."

"What?"

"What?"

"Oh, so you really like me that much to think we're already dating Miss Kim?"

"Do you want me to break up with you?"

"That kind of threat won't work on me."

"I hate you Lisa."

She laughs, "I hate you too."

**

We arrived home late but Jisoo and Chaeyoung are still awake. Their heads automatically turned to us after we opened the front door. They eyed us with their suspicious looks. They're like our parents who caught their children sneaking behind their back and they are demanding an explanation.

"Where did you go?"

"Why are you arriving just now?"

"What happened to you?"

"What did you do?" they started bombarding us with questions.

Lisa held my hand and their eyes followed the movement. Lisa looked at me asking for approval and I nodded in response.

She started to speak, "We went on a date,"

Jisoo and Chaeyoung didn't even move an inch when she said that. Their expressions didn't change one bit.

"Uh guys, why are you not reacting?" I asked them when they didn't even say a thing.

Jisoo is the one who answered, "We already know," with her straight face.

"You knew?!" we both asked.

"You're too obvious to your feelings. I wonder why it took so much time for you to be together," Chaeyoung said continuing Jisoo's answer.