Chapter 1

Lisa

"I want chicken!"

"No not today. You're always eating chicken it's time for you to eat different food aside from chicken."

"You know I can't live without chicken".

I woke up from sleep when I heard those noises. I think it is in the kitchen. Why can't they lower their voices when there's a person sleeping here. And besides, this is my place. Why are they here? I tried to cover my ears with my pillow but it doesn't help. My alarm hasn't rung yet so I wanted to continue my sleep but these people hadn't kept their voices low.

"You can live without chicken. You're just obsessed with it."

"I'm not obsessed. It is my favorite."

I can't take the noises anymore so I got up and went out of my room to confront them.

"Hey you two! Can you please stop arguing? You just disturbed my peaceful sleep," I called to stop them. My fridge is left open and a raw chicken is placed on the table. Chaeyoung and Jisoo are standing on opposite sides while arguing. Oh my god, my electricity bill will increase again because of them.

"And can you please close my fridge?"

They both turn their heads at me and I was a bit startled because of their glares. I'm the one who's supposed to be angry here because they disturbed my sleep but why did the tables suddenly turn?

"Good morning to you too Manoban," Jisoo greeted sarcastically.

"Why are you here?" I asked. And how did they get inside?

"Those looks you're giving us, it's like you don't want to see us. Don't you miss us?" that's Chaeyoung.

"It's not like that chipmunk. I'm not expecting you two to be here today you didn't call me," I carefully went behind her to close the fridge. She moved slightly aside.

"Whatever, let's eat now we don't have much time left for the event," she grabbed the chicken on the table but Jisoo got a hold of it so Chaeyoung pulled it away from her hand leaving Jisoo pouting when the chicken was returned in my freezer.

We went to the dining to eat our breakfast. Chaeyoung has already cooked but Jisoo still wants chicken that's why they started to argue in front of my opened fridge. Jisoo and Chaeyoung are my friends. I've known them for years. I'm an artist and we will attend an event. I will open my very first art gallery here in Seoul. It's time to share my artwork with the public. I hope it will be successful.

We finished our breakfast then went to my car and drove where the event will take place.

"I'm so excited to see your paintings, Lisa. I know it will be beautiful," Chaeyoung said as she dreamily imagine my drawings. I just chuckled while driving. She's always been like that in every gallery I opened in the past. 

"I hope so," Jisoo grumpily said crossing her arms and just looking out the window.

"Why so down Kim Jisoo? We must support our friend here," Chaeyoung noticed her behavior but she just got ignored by her. Jisoo huffs and rolls her eyes.