Chapter 5

Lisa

"But can you explain how did you end up in Lisa's bed?" that question caught me off-guard. How can I answer that? I looked at Jennie trying to signal her to help me and she successfully picked it up.

"The truth is I didn't have a place to stay so I asked her if she let me live in her place temporarily while I find my own place. That's why I ended up sleeping in her bed but I assure you we just sleep. We didn't do anything."

"Yeah that's right," I agreed.

It looks like Chaeyoung's still not satisfied with her answer so she continued to ask.

"But why in her bed? I mean, Lisa has two guest rooms, one that we are occupying and one that is not. So how did you end up in her room? Are you perhaps....her hidden girlfriend?" Chaeyoung asked and Jisoo glanced at me then looked at each other smiling with a hint of malice.

"We–" Jennie was about to answer but I cut her off.

"What? Of course not. She's not my girlfriend. We just happened to be in my room because the other room is not cleaned," I answered quickly.

Jisoo's still skeptical, "Sure?"

"Really."

Jisoo is somehow convinced with our explanation based on her looks but Chaeyoung is not, I can tell it on her face. She really knew me well. We've been friends since childhood. She's always there for me and always protecting me from other kids when they are bullying me in school because I'm not a Korean and also, both our parents are friends too that's why.

"If you're Lisa's friend, we're also your friend. Let's go to my room I wanna know you more" Jisoo then pulls Jennie to the guestroom leaving me and Chaeyoung who's looking at me intently, alone.

She shifts at her sit so she could get a full view of me.

Squinting her eyes, she says, "I deserve an explanation from you, Lalisa. As far as I know, I'm your only friend since childhood then Seulgi, Irene, and Jisoo became our friends when we reached junior high. How come I didn't know her?" she crosses her arms.

"As she said, her family moved to another country and we didn't have contact for years," I explained, not having any eye contact at all.

"Don't try to fool me Lisa I know you too well," she says, annoyed.

"Okay Ms. Park you know me too well but promise me you will not freak out in my story," I raised my arms surrendering.

"Freak out my ass. Maybe she's your girlfriend you just didn't want to introduce her to us so you hid your relationship. I know she's so beautiful but I will not steal her from you I already have that chicken or if that chicken likes Jennie, she will have a good beating from me," she points at the door of the guest room where Jisoo and Jennie are located.

"First of all, she's not my girlfriend. Second, it is a very long story that I think you will need a snack while listening."

"Then tell me. For now, I will only believe you're not her girlfriend," she stood up to find some snacks. She really believed what I said earlier that she needs snacks.

"She's really not my girlfriend Chaeng!"

"Okay okay she's not your girlfriend," she said says, defeated. She opened a plastic and offered some food to me.

"Do you want?"

"No. You can have it all," I refused then she continued munching the chips.

"Remember the sketch pad yesterday?" I started.

She nods, "Uhuh"

"Do you also remember what we talked about yesterday?"

She stops on her food then glances at me when a realization hits her.

"Are you saying...?" she finally grasped the situation.

"Yes Chaeng. I know it seems unbelievable but it happened and it freaked me out when I woke up and–"

"You freaked out? Really?" She cuts off what I was about to say.

"Yes because she's pret–I mean, no! Wait...yes! What..?" I looked at her confused as I waited for her answer.

She sat up properly then put down the bag of chips she was holding on the table.

"So she's really your girlfriend," she says in conclusion.

"Goodness Park Chaeyoung. After I told you the whole story, you will just say she's my girlfriend?" I asked exasperatedly. What a good friend I have there.

"Lisa, according to what we talked about yesterday, it should come from your heart's desire so, in simplest terms, she's here. In layman's terms, she's your girlfriend," she takes food on the bag of chips.

"Wha....what?"

She fed me some food, "Yeah, you heard it right."

"Girlfriend? Immediately? Can't she be just a friend?" I protested.

"I don't know? Let's see?"

"So speaking of sketch pad, where is it? Can I see it?"

"It's the creepiest of all. It suddenly disappeared without a trace I don't even know where it is now," I told while thinking of any possibilities why it disappeared.

"Woah," She shuddered. "It's giving me chills. You must find that old lady and ask her about that drawing paper.  We need answers," said Chaeyoung. "But for now, what will we do with Jennie?"

"She can live here," I said casually. "She doesn't even know her name when I first saw her and in the first place, it's my fault why she's here."

"What a caring girlfriend you are," She mocks, stressing the word girlfriend.

"How many times do I have to tell you she isn't my girlfriend," I retorted scoffed.

"How many times do I have to tell you you're not a fortune-teller. You will buy me food if when you changed your mind later on."

"How can you be so sure?"

"We can't really tell what would happen, am I right?" We continued talking about it until we heard a loud noise.

"AAAAAAAHH!" It came from one of the guest rooms.

"What's that?" I asked Chaeng then we hurriedly went to where the loud noise came from and when we opened the door, someone caught my attention.