Chapter 24

Jennie

"So you're saying to me that you're not real?" I nodded my head.

"But I'm able to touch you and talk to you though," she pokes my arm and pinches my cheeks.

"Yes, I became real because of that sketchpad."

"You mean the one Lisa was carrying after she caught the thief?"

"I'm back!"

I was about to answer Jisoo's question but it was interrupted by Chaeyoung who had just come back from work.

"Do Chaeyoung know it?" Jisoo questioned. Chaeyoung's footsteps are nearing us.

Lisa told me when I first came here that she told Chaeyoung the truth about why am I here so she practically knows everything but Jisoo didn't know at all. She's clueless all this time.

"She knows."

"What do I know?" Chaeyoung peeks her head at the doorway.

"This," she gestures her hands to me.

"What does she have to do to what I know?" Then, Jisoo gestures her hands again dramatically to my whole body, "Can you see it now?"

She examines me from head to toe and then later compared to Jisoo, "Yeah, I saw that Jennie has a well-proportioned body among the four of us and that she's a little taller than you but she still looks so small beside me and Lisa. Other than that, there's none. Wait, she's also beautiful."

I feel flattered, "Thank you, Chae."   

Jisoo crossed her arms, "That's not it!"

"Then what is it?" She makes herself comfortable by flopping herself to the seat infront of us.

"Jennie's not real," her mouth went agape.

"J-Jisoo," her face remained serious. "I'm sorry," Being the soft-hearted person she is, tears started to pool in her eyes.

"Hey, why are you crying?" I softly tapped her back.

"I'm sorry because we didn't tell you about Jennie. I feel guilty all of a sudden," her sobbing continues.

"There's no need to be guilty of those. What's important is I got to know this,"

I raised my hand, "There's one more thing though. Jisoo saw something unusual and I think that's not normal for me."

"And I also think we should call Lisa for this. One problem is for all of us. If one had something, she should share it with others."

"Call her then, Chu," Chaeyoung stopped crying for a moment now but her eyes are still red and swollen from crying.

"I think Jennie should call her instead of me. I entered that room once then she suddenly shouted curse words and I didn't even do anything inside," she scrunches her nose in a cute way.

"That Lisa, she should earn a beating from me someday," she added.

"I should go then,"

I brought myself to her door and didn't even knock. I know she'll answer it.

"Lisa!" I called outside.

"Yes?"

"Come out. We need to talk," I heard the sound of pens being put down, and then she opened the door.

She greeted me with her devilish grin.

"Do you want to do it already? Are you really sure?" She moves her brows up and down.

"What are you even talking about?" Although I know, I'll act like I don't know. I entered myself inside and sat at the soft cushion.

"You know, doing things like cuddling," she sat next to me and hugged me from behind. I guess we didn't think of the same thing. I mentally slap myself for thinking such things.

"You know I like you so much right?" She muttered behind my ear.

I turned to her and cupped her face.

"Nope. I don't," a tiny smile crept into my face as I peck her lips.

"Sure you don't but I promise I'll make you remember how you fell for me." 

"You sure?" I raised my pinky finger.

"Yes, I promise. It's me Lisa and I don't disappoint," I know it's childish but she still rode with it and make a pinky promise and intertwined our fingers afterward.

"What do you want to do today?" She asked while playing with my fingers.

"Nothing. Can we just stay like this forever?" I leaned at her chest comfortably.

"Time won't stop but we can stay like this until our moments last."

"And it will stop now," We move our heads to the door and saw Jisoo and Chaeyoung peeking.

Oh, shoot. I forgot the reason why I came here. I swear I clearly remember what will I do but as soon as I saw her, all I want is to be with her.

"Sometimes, I regret shipping you two for these reasons."

I sheepishly smiled, "Sorry Chu."

She crossed her arms, "Lisa, can we both enter without hearing you curse at me?"

I moved away from our tangled bodies and just sat next to her to give Chaesoo some respect.

"I told you Jisoo that I didn't mean it," They entered the room and Jisoo immediately smack her head as soon as she was near her.

"You still shouted at me," she snorted.

"And I gave you chickens for peace offering, didn't I?"

Jisoo's face lit up, "I forgot," then suddenly went down, "But it isn't enough."

And it was Chaeyoung's turn to smack her head.

"Too many chickens is unhealthy for you."

"Yeah right."

"Let's not talk about chickens now can we?" I entered the conversation.

Jisoo suddenly went in front of us.

"The reason why we all are gathered here today is because of a certain problem," she stated.

"What is it?" Lisa inquired.

"F-A-D-I-N-G" she spelled out. "You all know the meaning of it right?"

"Of course, we know Chu. We're not dumb," It was Lisa again.

"It happened to her hand earlier," she looked at me.

"What?"

Jisoo sighed.

"I know all of it already Lisa. Jennie told me how she got here and how you happened to get the sketchpad."

"But Jennie told me that it was the first time a part of her body fades and we didn't know why the hell it happened."

She placed her hand on her chin.

"And from what I remember, I think I know the old lady who gave the sketchpad."

"Wait, I thought you didn't see her?"

Jisoo nods. "I didn't see her when you already caught the thief but I briefly saw her when you're still running after the thief," she explained and Lisa looks at her in disbelief.

"Then why didn't you tell it to me?!"

"Because you didn't ask? Hehe," She scratches her head.

"Who is it?" I asked and our curious stares were thrown at her.

"I think it's my grandma."