15, The Price of Freedom

Haven flew, feeling the wind slapping against her skin. They had a long day ahead of them, and she had to get into place as soon as possible.

She could see the others doing the same. Natasha was in disguise with Pierce. Hill, Steve, and Sam were entering the control room. Haven touched down outside, hiding in a shadow and waiting on the others.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents," She heard from the speakers, knowing immediately who it was, "this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the past few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right beside you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury, and it won't end there.

If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. If I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

Haven looked out at all of the sullen faces, confused by Steve's speech. Within seconds, the Bay Doors were opening, preparing to release the carriers and she sighed.

"They're initiating launch," Hill said into the coms. "Haven, can you hold them down?"

"No way, " the blonde woman replied, shaking her head to no one. "Those things weigh a couple of tons each. My ability can only hold so much and that breaches the limit several times over."

"Then it's good we have a Plan B," Steve shouted over the noise, running over and standing beside her, sam on his left.

"How do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked, eyes glued to the scene ahead.

Steve chuckled softly, breaking into a sprint, "if they're shooting at you, they're bad."

With that, they took off in separate directions, each having a blade they needed to insert.

The second Haven's feet touched down on the helicarriers, gunshots rang through the air, each one aimed to kill. She twisted her fingers, projecting a ball of tightly suppressed oxygen around her body. Nothing was getting to her unless she said so.

Running, she could sense the breaths being taken around her. From the HYDRA agent who breathed calmly while firing round after round, to the rigid breathing of the intern who just wanted to further educate himself while on a break from school.

"Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about," Sam shouted into their earpieces, making Haven chuckle a bit. It takes a lot to be able to crack jokes in a battle.

"You okay?"

"Not dead yet."

Haven's feet pumped, flying as fast as she could to the control room. She could feel the blade tucked into her belt. One tiny sheet of electricity was going to save billions of lives.

"Falcon, Haven, status?" Hill asked into the coms.

"Engaging," Sam replied.

Haven kept running, "almost there." She said, pumping her legs a little faster.

"Eight minutes, you guys."

"Working on it."

Haven pushed the voices in her ears back, sliding off the concrete and letting herself fall. She ignored the wind for a couple of seconds, letting herself descend unaided.