57, With Love, Lady Haven

Her fingers went weak and the weapon fell to the ground. Her eyes were glued to the body lying by her feet.

"How did you know?" Thor asked, taking deep breaths.

Haven looked up at him, blinking a few times. Her head was still spinning. "Frigga."

Thor's eyes went wide. "Frigga?"

"Yes. I died and she told me that when he turns back time, I had to remove his head. It was the only way."

"Haven? Haven!"

She turned, seeing his beaten body limping toward her. She wasted no time wrapping her arms around him.

Steve clung to her, seeming to wake up with her in his arms. "I passed out and I don't know how long I was gone but when I woke up I couldn't find you and I thought-"

Haven cut him off, planting a kiss on his lips. "You didn't pass out, asshole. You died," she said, running a hand over his long hair.

His eyes went wide. "I was dead?"

She nodded, kissing him again. "You and I both died. Everyone did, including the Mind Stone. Thanos turned back time in order to get it. Doing so, he brought everyone back."

Over his shoulder, Haven saw Bucky and Natasha come out of the tree line. Rhodey, Sam, Banner, T'Challa, Okoye, and Groot all followed.

They were okay. Everyone was okay.

Haven let out a breath, still clung to Steve's side. The Gliders pulled in and everyone loaded up, the pair remaining together all the way back to the city.

"You will be escorted to a room where you can rest. There will be a celebratory dinner tonight." T'Challa said, motioning to a woman standing beside the Glider.

Steve thanked him and climbed down, offering Haven his hand. She accepted and the pair followed the woman down several hallways before stopping and opening a door for them.

"Thank you," Haven said, stepping inside.

After looking around and seeing that it was seemingly just an extravagant hotel room, she sat down on the bed.

Steve closed the door and turned, smiling at her.

"What?" she asked, his mood bringing a smile to her face as well.

He stepped closer, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips. His hands found her hips and he pulled her into a standing position. He kissed down her jaw until he was right beside her ear. "I'm gonna need some help getting out of this uniform. And there's so much dirt in my hair, I couldn't possibly wash it alone. Someone is gonna have to shower with me. Any ideas?" he whispered.

Haven chuckled lightly, stepping back and letting the blue-green fog dance down her body. It changed her out of her combat uniform and left her in a navy-laced two-piece. "Let's go then, Captain."

His mouth fell agape at the sight of her this way. They had only been intimate one other time, and the lighting wasn't nearly this good.

She pulled him into the bathroom and turned on the water. Looking back, she saw that his eyes were anywhere but up.

He watched as she stepped closer, placing her hands on him and beginning the process of removing his uniform. It took a few minutes, but eventually, he was left in his underwear as well.