8, Time To Question

Thor, Jane, and Haven had been searching for a way out of the Dark World for hours, coming across cave after cave.

Haven occupied her brain with trying to see Loki's big plan. Why had he faked his death? And better yet, why did he tell her it was a lie?

They entered another cave and Jane stopped to sit down, "he's gonna unleash it. Not just in Asgard, or on a star. Malekith is going to destroy everything."

"How?" Thor asks, his voice deeper than usual, hardened by grief.

Haven let their conversation fade to the back of her mind, focusing on the area around them. She furrowed her eyebrows, coming across several shoes, soda cans, and a familiar pair of keys.

Smiling, she grabbed the keys and called the couple over. "Jane, these are yours, correct?"

The mortal seemed dumbfounded, obviously not expecting to see those keys again. She nodded and Haven grabbed their hands, pulling them forward and into a portal.

Zapping out within seconds, the group found themselves standing in the parking lot where Jane had left her car.

Haven stopped, standing still as the others walked on, having not seen her delay. The blonde girl looked around, feeling everything getting fuzzy, before closing her eyes.

Opening her eyes, she gasped, watching Steve Rogers slamming Natasha Romanoff up against a wall. "Where is it?" He seethed, glaring down at her.

Haven could tell that Natasha was concentrating on Steve's expression, wanting to read him. "Safe."

"Do better."

"Where did you get it?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Fury gave it to you. Why?"

Haven smiled at the redhead's skill. She was impressed at her ability to pull words from silent body language.

"What's on it?" Steve asked, keeping his grip on Natasha's arm firm.

She shook her head slightly, "I don't know."

"Stop lying, " he spat. Haven noticed a vein in his neck flare as he said that.

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers."

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?"

Natasha hesitated, her eyes scanning every corner of Steve's face. "Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you."

"I'm not gonna ask you again, " he said, squeezing her shoulders a little tighter. Haven almost wanted to step back, nervous that a fight might break out.

"I know who killed Fury, " the redhead shot, obviously just trying to gain Steve's attention. Though, Haven knew she already had it.

Steve dropped his hand from her arms, signaling that he was listening and wanted her to continue.

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years."

"So he's a ghost story, " Steve replied, nodding his head to her statement.

Natasha never broke eye contact, staring up at the man with such precision Haven worried she may burn a hole in his head. "Five years ago, I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out.