Episode 93

It was February seventh and the big day had finally come

It was February seventh and the big day had finally come. We would get our shot at rescuing our family and friends. It was surreal...

We were in the front room right now making sure we all knew what the plan of attack was supposed to be.

"Okay, so we're all going this time," I said.

Duke put his hand up. "Does that mean we're going to pick up Ai then?"

I shook my head. "She won't really be able to help us this time. Her job last time was to take care of Eni, and she can't really fight, so it wouldn't make sense to bring her."

"I guess so..." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Would it really make sense for us to all go then?"

"You and Eni have weapons if you need them. As does Marshall. Not to mention that he fought in our first battle." I smiled. "Lie has to come, because she deserves to see her parents at the first opportunity."

"Okay then. That makes sense." He folded his arms. "Are we sure we have everything we need?"

I cracked a smile and set a pair of cases on the table.

They exchanged glances before looking at me expectantly.

"Open them!"

They each took a case and opened it.

Their eyes got big. "Our knives!"

"That's right." I folded arms. "No clue when, but apparently we gave them back to Leon for safe keeping."

Everyone else stared for a minute before T shook her head.

"This should be everything, right?"

I nodded. "We'll split up if we need to after the battle's over."

T put her hands on her hips and got into a regal stance. "Then we'll go fight and we'll win."

We got into a circle and stacked our hands. "Right!"

I used the front door to form the gateway since it was already a gate of sorts, and we didn't feel like going into the garden like we usually did. That might have sounded like a security risk, but it wasn't an issue as the door didn't need to be open for this to work. I could have used something small like a window if I wanted to. It just wasn't something I liked doing.

Duke and Marshall held Lie's hands and the trio went through first. T took Eni's hand and followed them. Recah held my hand and we went last as usual to be sure the gate would stay open long enough for us to all get through.

We landed at a point T and I decided on last night that was a short distance away from our coordinates. We had decided to do that to limit the risk of getting into a battle upon arrival.

Once we were through, Duke and Marshall made sure to have their knives at the ready. T's eyes were equal parts pink and silver, but it was clear she too was ready. Red took dominance in Eni's eyes, and I thought he might have had flecks of blue in there also. My excited flames were ready.