Episode 94

Something cracked

Something cracked. I turned to see what it was. That mask split in half and fell off. I would've fallen if Phoenix wasn't holding onto me...

It was Zane! I knew it! I couldn't believe my big brother was really in front of me...

I slipped out of Phoenix's arms and ran over.

Z shook his head. He looked sorta out of it. "Oh, hey, Bri..."

He was sweaty, but I didn't think it was just cuz he was just fighting with Duke. He sorta just looked sick...

I threw my arms around him and started crying again.

"I missed you, too, Bri." He ruffled my hair. "I love you."

"You alright?" Duke asked.

I let go of him.

"Yeah... This is nothing..." When he went to stand, Zane fell to one knee. He was holding his leg.

"Zane..." I said.

He was gritting his teeth but smiled for me. "I'll be alright. Why are you here, Bri?"

When I went to open my mouth, no sound wanted to come out.

Of course, Zane knew just by looking at me. He held one of his hands out.

M-O-M. D-A-D.

His eyes got big. "Wait. What? What about Mom and Dad?"

"This is probably gonna be hard for you to believe, but your parents are here." Duke glanced in Alain's direction. "We're here to find them and an old friend of his."

"Go find our parents then." He squeezed my hand. "I'll catch up. They'll be so happy to see you, Bri."

I was able to hold Bubble for the first time in so long. I didn't want to not be able to see him.

Tiana looked at all of us. "This might not be ideal, but it might be best for us to split up. Ali can go look for Savannah, and Phoenix can go with him. I'd like to stay here. Duke and Marshall can decide which of them would like to go with Lie. Then Recah can do whatever she thinks is best."

I went up to Recah and grabbed her. I didn't know why, but I really wanted her to go with me.

"Well, I guess I'm taking Lie to find her parents," she said.

Marsh ran his fingers through my hair. "Is there one of us that you want us to go with you?"

I really just wanted Recah to go with me by ourselves. I didn't really want them to go this time. To say so, I just leaned into Recah.

"Okay." I was pretty sure he was looking at his sister. "Text or call us if you guys need anything."

"I will," she said.

I smiled. We were gonna find my parents soon.

She grabbed my hand. "Come on, sweetie. Let's go find your parents."