Episode 28: Two Little Monkeys

I couldn't remember much of what happened with Ain and Duke

I couldn't remember much of what happened with Ain and Duke. The only fuzzy picture I had was a spider. I couldn't remember if it did anything or not. I was glad about that.

Noah called me yesterday. He said he wanted to hang out with me. I wasn't too sure, though. I didn't feel good because of whatever happened with the spider.

But Ain said I should hang out with Noah if that was something I wanted to do. It was good to do fun things with other people.

Ain went with me to their house, so I wouldn't get lost. Once I got inside, Ain told me to call him if I needed anything.

When I looked back, Ain was gone.

"Huh..." I tilted my head. "I would've thought he wanted to talk to your brother."

"So would I." Noah shrugged. "They can be pretty good at disappearing. I'd be shocked if they don't stop to talk to each other at least once before the end of the day."

I nodded. Ain seemed to like Noah's brother. He didn't seem to like talking to most people. He always seemed like he'd get a little extra hot when he had to talk to other people.

"I should've asked this sooner." Noah turned his head. "Feel better? You sounded tired when I called."

I nodded.

"Did something happen? That's the sense I got."

I couldn't say anything. My mouth wouldn't open. My cheeks got hot.

"It's alright if you don't wanna talk about it. Some things are better left forgotten." Noah took a breath. "What to do you think we should do?"

There was a crash.

Noah put his hand over his face. "I better go see what trouble those monkeys got themselves into..."

I decided to follow him cuz I didn't know what else to do.

These two boys who looked the same were all red. They were both hot, but the one closer to the table was cooler.

"Logan. Lucas. What do you two monkeys break?" With how he was going between hotter and colder fast, Noah was trying hard to keep calm.

They pointed at lots of tiny pieces on the carpet. "That."

Noah put his hand over his face again. "Len and Ivy are gonna let you boys have it when they find out you broke their vase."

"We'll clean it up..."

"No. I don't trust you with glass. Go get En."

The boys then left.

"You can stay here if you want." Noah took a breath. "I need to find one of my brothers."

I shook my head. "I'll come, too."

We went into the kitchen. The boy with the dog who came to our house was laying his head on the table. The dog was curled up at his feet.

"Hey, Star? Have you seen Del?"