Chapter 7

"What the fuck do you want, Delta?" Luca asked as he stared at the woman.

"Now, Luca. That's no way to talk to your mother is it?" She snickered as she walked to sit in the living room. "Ah, I missed this place. A little."

"You're not my mother," he gritted.

"Step-mother. But, whatever. Sit down, Luca. I have business to talk with you."

"Fuck off."

Delta slammed her hands onto the coffee table. "I said, sit!"

Both Luca and Rafael were pushed to sit by Delta's men. "I have no business with you. So, fuck off."

"I'm not gonna waste your time. So, let's just cut this short shall we?" Delta smiled. "Where's the diamond?"

"What diamond?"

"Ah," she tsked. "I'm not dumb, Luca. I know all about your father's little pink diamond he gave your mother. When your mother died, he decided to keep it god knows whwere, 'cause you know. It was too painful for him to see it and all that shit. At least, that's what Oliver told me."

"Oliver's one of yours?" Rafael interfered.

"He was, before you gave him to your crocodiles." Delta laughed.

"And I'll do the same to you if you don't get out of here in 10 seconds," Luca said.

"Luca," she sighed. "Always, so bad-tempered. Just tell me where the diamond is, and I'll get out of your pretty little hair."

"I don't know where the fuck it is. Even if I know, like hell I'd tell you," Luca spat.

"Well, I tried to be nice. You just had to play rough now, don't you?" she nodded to her men and one of the men came and punched Luca. "Let the games begin."

_______________

I was running late, like really late. Initially, I was going to his house in the morning. But Oscar decided to act up. Refusing his breakfast, I was so close to shoving the cereals down his throat. Breakfast is an important meal of the day, for everyone. But for Oscar, every meal of the day is a crucial meal. Although he wasn't as sick as when he was younger, he's still easily sick. That's why mom really counts on me to make sure he ate every meal. I had to make sure Carmela forced him to eat, if he refused again.

By afternoon, I was gonna leave the house to go to Moretti's residence, but Vera called saying there's a problem at the store. Turns out, one of the water pipes had leaked, and the leakage traveled to one of the main circuits. Vera was right. It's actually a huge problem. So, I had to stay and contact the plumbers and technician to fix it. By then, it was already almost 6 and I was hungry. 

Thus, here I am standing in the same cafe from the other day, queuing to order my croissants. I know croissants aren't very Italian, but god, I love that pastry. I decided to buy extra croissants and cannolis to bring, as a polite gesture. I texted Moretti's office's secretary to inform him that I was coming. But there was no reply. I just assumed either they're busy or changed phone numbers.

Before 6.30 I was standing in front of Moretti's huge oak doors. I smoothed down my green shirt to remove any croissant crumbs that may have fallen from my munching on the way here. (outfit on the image above) 

Oddly enough, there are no securities at the front gate but that makes it easier for me to enter. I knocked once and found the door was unlocked as it slowly opened from the slight force of my knocking.

As the door opened following the loud creak sound, I saw Luca was being held by two men while another was hitting him. He was bloody. Like, there was a lot of blood. My eyes traveled to another man struggling to release himself from the grasp of another two men. A loud crack sound of a punch took my attention on Luca again as he spat out blood. I softly gasped and didn't realise as the bag of pastries slipped through my fingers and fell onto the ground. The sound of the bag hitting the ground stole all of their attention onto me.