Chapter 6

One thing that I'll never forget that my father has taught me, no matter what it is. Be kind. Just be kind.

I was about to fall asleep when I heard my phone rang. I grabbed it and saw the caller id, it was Giada. "Hello? Gi?"

"El, where's the other documents?" I can hear her typing on the computer.

"What do you mean? That's all, I sent it all to you." I answered.

"No, no." She sighed. "There was supposed to be another document. Can you check the office again?"

"I'm coming downstairs, wait." I pushed the office door and started to look around. "It's not here, I already took all the papers on the table the other day, and have it signed and emailed to you. I'm sure."

"It's not in my email, Elena. Check again. It's in yellow."

"Gi, it's not he-" I paused as I saw two yellow papers scattered on the floor near the office desk.

"It's there isn't it?" Giada asked.

I slumped onto the chair. "I'm sorry, Gi. It's my fault."

"Go get it signed then, I know where Moretti's residence is. I'll text you the address," Giada said.

"What? Wait, what? You want me to go there?"

"Yes, Elena. It's important, I can't do it. I'm drowning in work here. You've got to help me," Giada sighed.

Immediately, I felt guilty. Giada was right, ever since Teo retired, most of the paperworks and meetings were attended by her. It was a simple task, and I couldn't even do it right. "Okay, text me the address. I'll go see him tomorrow."

_________

It was 9 in the morning when Rafael burst into Luca's room, waking him up. "Luca, luca. Wake up."

"What?" Luca opened his eyes and stared at his friend, annoyed being disturbed this early.

"We've got a problem. Dante and his boys just got back from a job last night when they were attacked. It was bad. Only Dante survived."

That made Luca awoken from his sleepy state. "What the fuck happened. Where's Dante?"

"He's downstairs, in your office."

Luca immediately went into his office with Rafael trailed behind him and saw one of his trusted man laying down on his couch. Clutching to his bleeding arm. "Raf, called the doctor. Pronto."

"Si."

"Cosa e successo? (what happened)" Luca asked.

"It was some Americans. They came out of nowhere." Dante replied.

"The doctor will be here soon. I'll ask the boys to carry you upstairs."

"Grazie, capo."

Luca walked into the living room and sat beside Rafael. "You think it's Oliver's friends?"

"Possibly," Luca said. "Dov'e mio padre?" (where's my father)

"Tuscany. It's better for him to stay there at the moment. I don't think-"

Suddenly there were gunshots everywhere and the glass from the windows scattered all around. They both duck onto the ground and Luca immediately retrieved a pistol that was hidden under the coffee table. On the spur of the moment, the door to his house was kicked open. Luca and Rafael were shocked to see the sight in front of them.

"Hello, Luca." She smirked.