Chapter 2

The weekend passed by quickly and before we know it, it's already Monday. As I helped mom to pack her many suitcases while Giada discussed with Teo about business matters as he was leaving for quite some time so Gigi will be the one to handle it all. Oscar is probably somewhere sulking as he can't come to the cruise.

"Mom, before I forget. I got you something for your birthday. I know your birthday is in two weeks but you'll probably be in Vietnam or Thailand in two weeks." I said as I approached her.

"Oh, baby. You know you don't have to. You being in my life has been the greatest gift," she smiled.

"That's very sweet, and cliche." We both laughed. "But I wanted to give you something. Give me your hand."

I placed a gold charm bracelet around her wrist as she gasped. "Oh, Ellie. It's beautiful, I couldn't". (bracelete on the image above)

"Mom, it's the least I could do. You've given me so much for me, and I couldn't thank you enough. You and Teo have fun okay. Don't worry about us. I'll see you when you get back here, okay?" I hugged her.

Marco, one of our helpers, put the suitcases into the trunk as Mom and Teo hugged the three of us. Oscar was still sulking as he hides behind my legs. I squat down to face him.

"Oscar, are you sure you don't want to say goodbye to mom and papa? It'll be quite some time before you see them again. Come on, go say goodbye."

He changed his mind and hugged them. After we waved them goodbye, Giada told me she needed to go to the city.

"I'll be back in 3 or 4 days. Papa asked me to take care of the contract papers, the deadline is coming soon."

"Yeah, it's fine. I'll handle things here and the store. Anything just call me."

"Alright, thanks Elena. See you." I took Oscar into the dining room to make sure he finished his breakfast before his learning class.

____________

"Ciao, Vera!" I greeted my store manager. "Sorry I'm late. It's a hectic morning."

"It's ok, Sergio is here anyways to help set up the store."

"Great, great! Ok, so how's the accounting ledger? It is done?"

"Si, it's with Gemma. She helped recalculate it in case of any mistakes."

"Okay, great. I'll talk to Gemma. I'll see you later."

I found Gemma talking to Sergio by the aisle. Gemma is a British woman who's in her late 50s, she married her Italian husband and moved here ever since.

"Hey Gemma, Sergio. Had a great morning?"

"Ciao, signorina. How's signore and signora Russo? They left already?" Sergio asked.

"Yeah, they left this morning."

"Oh, how fun! To cruise around Asia. I wished I had that kind of money," Gemma squealed.

"I know," I smiled. "Oh, Gemma. Can I see the ledger? I need to submit it to Giada."

"Bollocks! I forgot it this morning. Nevermind, I'll ask Maisie to bring it later, yeah?"

"Yeah, that's fine. How's Maisie anyways? I haven't seen her for so long," I asked Gemma.

"Oh, you know Maisie. She's just at home painting her hearts out. I ask her to get married already. I mean, she's not getting any younger, so am I!" Gemma stressed out.

"I can marry her," Sergio interrupted.

Gemma smacked Sergio's head and sighed. "Even if she's into guys, I doubt she'll marry an 18 years old lad. She kept saying she hadn't found the right one."

"Don't worry too much, Gemma. I'm sure she'll find one soon." I said, encouragingly.

"She will, if she actually got out of the house. What about you, love? Any one that catches your eyes?"

"Uh, no. Not yet." I laughed. "Nevermind, if Maisie had delivered the ledger, just bring it to the office. Meanwhile I need to re-check the stocks."

There ya go, it's pretty short. But I hope you enjoyed it. Until then, take care of yourselves.