Chapter 14

Hello, my beautiful readers. I hope you guys are doing well.. I've had a couple of rough days. Life is just so challenging sometimes, and I know some of you too, might be going through things that no one understands. But no matter how hard it is, I hope you guys can still put on a smile on your face. 

Rafael shook his head as he sat in Luca's office. "Did you really bring her to Teddy?"

Luca stared at his friend and nodded. "Count you to scare the poor girl to death. She hasn't come out of her room since yesterday."

"Good for her," Luca replied as he scanned through the pictures of the incident that was given by Matteo earlier this morning.

"Luca," Rafael sighed. "She's already alone here, she's scared enough. You don't have to go to that extend."

"Teddy is nothing to compare to Delta's evil ways." Luca said as he threw the pictures to focus on his friend. "This is for her own good, and you know that too. We're here to help protect her, and she should thank us for her head is still attached to her goddamn body."

"Porco cane," Rafael huffed. "She's not used to this. Give her a break-"

Luca chuckled sarcastically and leaned back into his chair. "Si, and when that happens she'll get her bones broken. Which will lead to our broken bones, by her pappa. And why do you worry so much about her anyways? She's just another spoiled child. Perche, you like her?"

"No, because she's not like what she seems. At least that's what her sister told me," Raf shrugged. "She has gone through a lot, mio fratello. Give her a chance."

Rafael fixed his jacket before staring at his childhood friend, "And maybe, if you know her, you will understand her a little. Alright, I'm off to Sorrento. Remember, Luca. Give her a chance."

_________________

I pulled my knitted cardigan tighter as the night was extra cold tonight as I tiptoed to the kitchen. I was rummaging through the fridge for any snack when I heard a thud behind me. I yelped in surprise and turned around to find Rafael and a shoe box on the kitchen aisle.

"Rafael," I gasped. "You scared me. What is that?"

"Take a look," he nodded. I closed the cabinet and leaned against the aisle and grabbed the shoe box.

"Oh," I breathed out. "Oh, Raf, thank you." I smiled sincerely as I traced the small petals before clutching the box into my arms.

"It's nothing. I saw it on the ground near the scooter and thought it's salvageable. I mean, it still can grow, right? If you plant it again," Raf asked.

I nodded and smiled. "Yes, I'll try my best to keep it alive," I giggle softly. "Thank you, Raf. I mean it."

"No problema, Ellie. Anyways, I'm off to see Giada." My eyes immediately snapped to him. "Do you want me to deliver any message, or anything?"

"Can you give Oscar and her a hug from me? And please tell them, I really really miss them so much." I said as tears began to brimmed.

Rafael smiled and motioned me to come forward. "Why don't you come here and show me how to hug her."

I hesitated at first as I wasn't used to being affectionate other than my own family. "Come on, Ellie." He grinned at me which made me smile as I walked around the aisle.

He wrapped his arms around me and his sincere warmth made me relax as I heaved out a huge breath. "It'll be okay, Ellie." He said, as he smoothed my hair. "Luca is a tough man, he is just used to being that way. But he meant well. He really cared about you."

I nodded against his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him as I felt myself getting emotional. "Now, don't get my jacket wet. It's expensive," I tittered as I felt him pulling away and holding me by my shoulders.

"Now, don't be too upset. I know this is all new to you. But you'll be safe here. There's a few ramen noodles in that left cabinet. I'll see you later, kiddo."

With a cheeky wink, he pinched my cheeks and grabbed his bag before he went on his way. That night, I cooked two packets of ramen.