032 : On His Knees

Start from the beginning

The Mafia has a positive vision, and they only wants what's the best for innocent people. They only have one mission—to protect the innocent.

"You know what? I remember how the universe cried with me the day you forgot all about me." Y/N mumbled with a pained look on her face. Hyunjin felt a bit of a pain in his chest. He felt bad for letting her feel like that.

"Cried? What do you mean?" Hyunjin asked. He hates the word 'cry' especially if it applies to Y/N. He don't want to see her cry and he don't want to be the reason why she cries.

"They poured a heavy rain," Y/N sadly muttered and look up at the night sky. "I was crying hard that night. I think, the universe is watching us." she added, remembering what Jimin had said to her the night he saw her at the balcony.

"Watching us? I don't understand." Hyunjin asked, with a confused look on his face. He put his elbow on the railings and put his chin on his palms, staring at Y/N.

"When I'm happy, the moon and stars shine the brightest. And when I'm feeling down and sad, the whole universe knows that's why they poured a heavy rain." Y/N exclaimed, still admiring the moon and stars above them. The universe looks lively tonight. She wonders what's up tonight.

"Ooh.." he said nodding his head. "Are you happy right now?" he look up, smiling.

"Yes, I am." she answered immediately with her eyes closed. Hyunjin looked at her again and stared. He will not get tired of admiring her like this. He's so inlove with her, deeply inlove and will always be inlove with her forever.

"Do you want to be more happier?" he asked, mumbling.

"Why not?" she said, still her eyes closed.

"I mean, a lot happier? Like, you want this night to be the happiest night of your life?" Hyunjin asked, taking out the diamond ring. Y/N was confused, but didn't even bother to open her eyes. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Yes or no?" Hyunjin said.

"Yes." she answered.

"I hope you'll say yes to this too." he whispered and took a deep breath before bending on his knees. "Y/N," he called out to her, his heart beating so fast.

Y/N opened her eyes and turn to look at Hyunjin. As their eyes met, she was shock. She see him, on his knees, in front of her. Her heart started beating so fast and the both of her knees are staring to get weak. She's too overwhelmed and shocked at the same time. She didn't expect any of this, though.

"Hyunjin.." she whispered, with those teary eyes still locked in eye contact with him.

"Y/N, I don't know if this will be your happiest night of your life. But I'm trying to.." he started. "The day I figured out that I'm falling for you, the day I admitted to myself that I love you, I wanted to get the moon and give it to you. I always want you to be happy, to be safe and free from the pain that the world might cause you. I always wanted to make you feel worthy, loved and appreciated. I always wanted to see your genuine smile and wanted myself to be the one behind it. I promised myself that someday, sometime, you will be mine for a lifetime." he continued. His heart is beating so fast. He's feeling nervous and confident at the same time. "Even though I dragged you into this mess, into this dangerous world, I promised myself that no one will ever gonna hurt you. No one can steal you away from me. And no one, will ever claim you because you're mine alone."

Hyunjin's words caused Y/N's heart to softened. She's starting to feel emotional right now. This is too much for her to handle. The man in front of her is the man she loved the most. And no one will ever claim him because he is hers alone. She suddenly felt a tear streamed down her cheeks, she can't help but to feel emotional. She just love this man so much.

"So, here I am, on my knees, in front of you. Promising that I'll love you forever and take care of you until I can do. Baby, I love you." Hyunjin said and paused to admire his girl's beauty for the nth time.

Then, he smiled. "Kim Y/N, will you marry me?" he asked.

Y/N felt like this is the happiest moment of her life. Well, in fact, it is. She's thankful that God has given her a Hwang Hyunjin to spend her entire life with. She would gladly be his lifetime partner.

"Hyunjin," she said, mumbling. After a second, she nodded and said, "Baby, yes. I'll marry you!" she said and smiled at him.

Hyunjin's eyes lit up as he hears those words from Y/N. He couldn't describe what he is feeling right now. It's too much happiness and it's making him emotional too. He then smiled and stood up, held her left hand and put the diamond ring on her finger.

Finally, she's a future Mrs. Hwang.

He pulled Y/N into a passionate hug and buried his face onto the crook of her neck. No words can describe how much he loves his girl. Even the phrase 'I love you' is an understatement. It's not enough to describe how much she means to him. He loves her than anything or anyone in this world.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Hyunjin asked, cupping her face.

Even when you're crying, you're beautiful.

"Y-You made me cry.." Y/N breath hitched as she tried to answer him. She's still crying.

Hyunjin let out an amused chuckle and held her face, "Next time that you'll be crying in front of me, you're wearing a wedding gown." he said, and brushed the tip of his nose onto her. "I love you." he whispered.

Y/N smiled and answered, "I love you, too."

Hyunjin held her waist and the other hand cupped her face. He lifts up her chin and pressed his lips against her. It was the best moments of their lives. They kissed under the moonlight and the stars above are watching them.

The universe is happy that they ended up being together.

***

a/n: to hyunjin's future girlfriend/wife, you're lucky. always take care of him and love him not because of his looks and visuals, but because of his personality and character. and every time you hold his hand, you'll be holding our whole world too. (╥﹏╥)

but i might be his future girlfriend/wife ¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

- s a v e a -