The Real Truth?

*(Y/N) POV* 2 days later at 3:00 am.

  I sat in my room, in the box in the corner technically. I don't know why, but I felt REALLY safe in this box. I covered the box with a blanket and hid inside with the photo album I found, little notes were written next to each photo, dates and times and who was there, like little back stories.

I opened the first page and found a two story brick house with four windows in front. The top left window had dark gray curtains, the bottom left had pretty silk white ones. The porch had a roof cover and a porch swing. A young couple sat on the front porch with a small bundle of joy wrapped in pink.

There was a pick up truck parked out front to the left on a gravel patch, a kids tricycle near the steps, a wagon was tipped over with a hoolahoop, jump rope, a soccer ball, and a bat. Dolls sat at a small pink picnic table, under a few trees in front if the kitchen window, with plastic tea set on it.

The grass was ankle height and dying. The top right window had bright pink curtains, a little note pointed at the window saying 'her room'. I furrowed my brows in confusion. 'Why would you need that as a note? Its pink curtain for heavens sake! You can tell it's a girls room. Jeez.' I studied the picture for a few moments longer. The bottom right window was very large and you could see a couch or recliner.

I looked for anymore notes around the photo. 'Photo taken by Josef, during their two week break.' I sighed and flipped the next page.

It was a photo of a happy young couple with a baby girl in their hands. She looked like she was crying, and her dad already looked a little upset and tired. I sighed and flipped the page.

The next photo was the little girl playing alone in the living room, a babydoll sat in her arms as she having a tea party. Broken bottles laid under the edge of the couch, needles and cigarette butts laid on the couch and in ashtrays. She had a little bruise on her knee, possibly from a fall. The side note next to the photo was concerning. 'Home alone, only 13 months old.' I felt a little sick reading that. 'WHO THE FUCK TOOK THE PHOTO THEN?!'

I looked at the photographs below it, they were just pictures of her parents possibly in their early dating years. There were pictures of date nights, parties, and more.

The next page seemed to have a large time gap, possibly a year gap. There were photos of her father at clubs with other women, severel in lewd outfits. The photographs got worse, the little girl was often showed playing alone outside or in her room. The notes became saddening. 'Her mom works over time to support them. Her dad spends 65% of her paychecks on booze, drugs, and sluts. The little girl only has four outfits, and she often stays in the same pullup/nappy for days at a time.' I sighed.

I flipped the page and saw the last few pictures of the "happy" family. 'Did Laurent take these photos?!' The parents were fighting, she was packing, she left. He got angry, he threw the slut out, sent the child to her room chasing her with a belt, he hung himself. The last photos on the page was a truck accident, the one from the first photo, and the man hanging by the roof with the top of his head gone.

The next page was the little girl hugging a teddy and blanket, she was thin and covered in dirt. She looked scared and confused. The next photo was her having a tea party with the hanging body. 'OH MY GOD THAT CHILD IS MENTAL!!' I covered my mouth with my hand and gagged. The last photo on that page was her sitting next to a man with a very strong chin and combed back hair, he was in the driver's seat and she was in the passenger's. She had a big smile, and he looked happy. I realized that the man in the drivers seat was Josef.

I put a book mark in the crease and shut the album. 'Who was that little girl? Why did her parents die? Who took the photos? Where is she?!' I put the album away and curled up in my bed. So many questions fueled through my mind, and no answers to satisfy that hunger. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow..