Act-34

"So-who's the patient, again?" I looked away from my hand outstretched infront of Rayyan, who was currently making me take my medicines; to Haniya who had just come in.

I took in the relieved look on her face, as she dumped a bag on the couch and came over to hug Rayyan, who was sitting beside me on the bed. It was his strict orders that I were to not get out of the bed until, I had caught up on sleep.

"I missed you bhai-" Her voice was muffled, hidden in Rayyan's embrace. I caught the soft smile tugging around the corners of his mouth as he patted the back of her head.

"You did so great-I am very proud of you-" He softly murmured against her head and held her in his arms for another moment before she slowly began to pull away from him; rubbing her tear stained cheeks with the back of her hand. I felt myself tearing up at the sight and had to look away from them to hide my tears.

"Oho-Ofcourse, RB! You know how reliable, I am-! You can always count on me-Especially when it comes to Zaira-I just know how to get something through her stubborn head-!" She remarked cheekily while jumping on the bed beside him and we all bursted into fits of laughter. I shot her a reproving glare through a smile which she returned with a teasing grin.

"Anywho-I think I have got almost every necessary item packed; but still you should check if you need something else. I'll send it over-" She was saying when I began to realise the situation and sharply turned to glare at Rayyan; who was by now, looking at his phone, pretending to not notice my penetrating gaze.

"Rayyan-!" I turned to him shocked who was getting up to create some distance between us.

"Rayyan she is the bride-Her wedding starts in 3 days-! We can't treat her like an errand boy-I could have got them myself-" I remarked at a loss of words to his back, but he carelessly shrugged me off and went to sit down on the couch with Haniya; who seemed as unconcerned about my outburst, as him.

We had already had this conversation before and I had told him that I would go quickly and grab mine and his stuff. He didn't say anything to that except, he could ask Ahmed to get his.

"Zai-sweetheart, the doctor said you're very frail and with all the stress that you've been through, the baby could-" He only looked up from Haniya's phone; who was showing something to him, to say this to me. But I didn't let him finish and sat up with a jerk.

"The baby is fine Rayyan-He is a fighter like us-" I tried saying by keeping my tone as levelled as I could, but he was barely giving me any attention.

"Zai-Hani doesn't find any problem with it. Also, I am not letting you out of my sight for even a single moment-" He kept going on without meeting my eyes and soon became engaged in conversation with Haniya about something. I could only shake my head at the hopeless duo in defeat, before slumping back on the bed with a sigh.

But as I watched them, I couldn't help but realise something.

"Rayyan? If I ask you for something, will you give it to me?" Later that night, I murmured against his chest, as he held me in his arms.

"Ofcourse, sweetheart. Anything-" He was saying in a sleepy voice but abruptly stopped midway and began to pull me away from him. Still in his embrace, I peered at him through my lashes; to watch his face, now barren of all previous signs of sleep.

"Zai-No." He remarked in a strict tone and I could only blink at him shocked.

"You didn't even hear-" I tried saying but he had pried his hold off of me and sat up to lean against the bed rest; his face turned away from me as he tried to restrain his anger.

For a few moments, I watched him unsure. Unable to believe that he could really know what I was thinking, without my saying it.

"Rayyan-No matter what, he is still her brother-"