Act-28

I sniffed through tears while watching the screen blink with his contact information. When I called him a few minutes after that, he didn't pick up.

I can't believe it. Every passing minute of the last week, I've only had thoughts filled with nothing but him.

What would Rayyan be doing, right now? Is he thinking about me? No, he might be too busy for that. I wonder, what would Rayyan think about this? Will he find it funny? Maybe he'll enjoy this. Maybe he'll laugh at this scene. If he saw me skipping meals, he might scold me in that adorable way which he believes makes him look angry. Is he eating properly? Did he sleep or work throughout the night, again? When would he call me? Did he read my messages? Why is he taking so long to reply? I hope he calls me again, soon. I don't want to miss his call again. I wish he were here right now and I could sleep with his arms wrapped around me.

But nothing. All my thoughts, meant nothing to him. My apetite was gone—Nothing felt nice anymore, almost like all the colours had suddenly vanished from this world. Everything seemed so bleak and pointless. I looked up and saw him everywhere, in everything. Everyday, I was counting down days, until I could see him again.

I didn't wish to feel this way. I hated my sisters whenever they rambled about their husbands. I used to make fun of those love sick girls. I vowed to never be like them. Yet—yet—I missed him so much that I felt like my heart will break soon if I didn't see him. I only wanted Rayyan. Nothing else felt good. I didn't know how to stop this painful feeling in my heart. But Rayyan cared nothing about it. He was only breaking my heart with his stupid jealousy.

I mean, how could I see anyone but him. When no one; nothing else existed in my eyes, my mind and my heart except him.

I shouldn't have called him. If I were the same Zaira, I would never have done it. It was his mistake. He had made a big deal out of nothing. Yet, right now, I didn't care about anything. Right or wrong, pride or whatever—nothing felt important anymore. I just wanted to hear his voice. Hug him and stay in his safe embrace.

'He can't stay mad at me for long. I know he'll call me soon. He will understand and apologise. I know.'

Or so I wished.

———————————————-

It'd been 3 days, since that night and the only messages I got from him were inquiries about my health and my meals. I wanted to scream at him and tell him that because of him I can't eat anything and I cry myself to sleep every night. But all he cared about was giving me a cold shoulder. I wanted to call him out for lying about loving me because all I felt right now was undeserving hatred from him.

However, instead of all this; I say to him, I am doing good. I tell him, the wedding preparations keep me so busy, that I don't get time for anything else.

The first and the last part were a lie, but not like he cared anymore about what I said or felt.

He would end the call with instructions to take care of my health and not over exert myself. Later, he would call Haniya and scold her for making me sick with exhaustion.

'Really, when I see him in 4 days and 13 hours, he is definitely getting a beating. I swear.'

Despite my internal turmoil and lack of energy, I pushed myself all the way to keep up a happy front. Haniya was already feeling very guilty because of Rayyan's idiocy and I didn't want to worry her anymore. This was Haniya's special day and I wouldn't let anyone or anything ruin it. Not even myself.