Chapter 10

Jungkook's POV

They all continued playing as my mind drifted off to all sorts of thoughts. Silence consumed me as I played around with my food. The memory of that night came to my mind and I faintly laughed at the memory so no one could hear me. I would never be able to forget that day. Someone saw me for real, beneath my lies and walls. They accidentally saw the real me. The bond I created with that person was definitely affection and friendship.

Unconsciously, my eyes wandered to that person's direction. I watched as the person's laughter resonated throughout the room and a small smile grew on my face. I snapped back to reality and resumed my attention back onto the table. When I did, I saw a pair of eyes squinting their eyes at me and I blinked. He was looking at me with questions. Questions that I did not want to answer so instead, I looked away. I don't know why but his gaze just carried soo much weight whenever I caught them staring at me. They were always intense and I sometimes feel overwhelmed.

"Jungkook?" I heard someone say, making me look towards them.

"Yeah?"

"Someone's asking for you," Hobi told me and I looked behind me.

I saw a well-built boy who was the same height as me but slightly more tanned. I recognised who it was and a smile formed on my face.

"What's up Jungkook," he greeted me and I went up on my feet to give him a hug.

"Hey Jisoo!" I happily greeted him.

He smiled at me and it radiated to me.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" he asked and I heard the worry in his tone of voice.

"Of course," I didn't waste time to say.

"I'll be back," I told the others before we went outside the canteen so he could talk to me alone.

As we walked across the canteen, I saw Haebin's eyes follow Jisoo and me. I quirked my eyebrows at her but she just shrugged, telling me she didn't know what it was about.

When we exited the canteen, I turned to him.

"What is it man? You seem soo serious."

Nervously, he licked his lips before looking at me.

"I don't know what to do Jungkook," he started off, taking me by surprise.

"What do you mean?"

"I think Haebin doesn't like me anymore," he said, which really startled me.

"What the- what makes you say that?"

"She's been acting differently around me. I asked her if everything was okay, but she said everything was fine. What am I meant to do Jungkook?" he sighed.

I let my mind think about what was going on. Why was she acting different? Is there something that I don't know?

"Have you told her about your feelings?" I asked.

"I don't want her to think I'm questioning her love for me. I just- I don't know."

He went quiet after that. I tried thinking of what to do. Sighing, I placed a hand on his shoulder, making him look at me.

"Hey, if it helps, I'll try and talk to her," I told him.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean I feel like I have a responsibility since I introduced you two together," I told him and he nodded.

"Thanks man. I appreciate it."

"No problem."

I gave his shoulder a pat before I offered him a reassuring smile. He smiled back but I saw it wasn't as bright as it usually was. I knew thinking about this was taking a toll on him. I knew he really did like her, I mean they were together for almost three years.