Chapter 4

Jungkook's POV

The sun was shining and a picnic was spread out on the grassy field. A smile automatically grew on my face. My hand felt warm and I looked at the person holding it. The person flashed me a smile, making my smile grow. The person pulled me towards the picnic and I happily sat down and ate the food. Birds chirped and the trees gently swayed with the wind. The day was just perfect. How could it not when it was a beautiful day and the person next to me was just as beautiful. I looked to the side and saw the person staring at me. I gave them a grin and before I knew it, I was pushed onto the ground. The person hovered above me whilst giving me a cheeky grin.

"Jungkook. What did I say?" the person whispered to me, tickling the side of my face due to the close proximity between their face and mine.

"What?" I mumbled, not able to comprehend what was going on.

"We were meant to be," they said before they started leaning in.

As they inched closer, I closed my eyes and drifted off...

I opened my eyes and squinted at the light. The blinding light made me close my eyes momentarily before I opened them again. Out of frustration, I rubbed my face. I completely forgot about my other dream, I'm such an idiot. Without giving it another thought, I dragged myself out of bed and took out my notebook. I made sure to write down my forgotten dream first and then the one I just had. When I closed it, I was about to put it back when I peered at the countless notebooks in that drawer. Just how many more times will I dream about this person? To say it was driving me crazy was an understatement. These past few days, my mind has been bombarded with these dreams and I didn't know what to do about it. The pile of stress from home and school also haven't been helping. I haven't told anyone yet. I couldn't. What was I meant to tell them? They would just think I'm being delusional or something.

With a sigh, I put the book back in its place and went towards my cupboard. After picking out some clothes, I decided it was best for me to shower. I needed the hot water to help soothe my burning mind.

After I had my hot shower, I slipped on a blue hoodie and black jeans before walking out of my house. My hair was still damp so I let it air dry instead of hiding it with a cap. I made sure to plug in my earphones because I needed a distraction from my congested mind.

Like usual, it didn't take long for me to arrive and I went directly to the rooftop. I wasn't bothered to see anyone just yet and I certainly wasn't in the mood to read or write, so the rooftop was the best option. When I swung the door open, I felt the wind rush through me and I felt relaxed. I went near the ledge and leaned against it. The music played in my ears as I let my imagination take over. The sword that I used to always have in my hand was suddenly gone and tears poured down my face. But heroes couldn't cry. They couldn't cry when they had saving to do. There was no time to show weakness. The monster that was constantly chasing me was still alive and I needed to kill it no matter what. That was when I went on my journey to find a new sword. My first obstacle was the swampy waters but that didn't faze me. No. I was better than that. I used my super strength to push the fallen tree into the swamp and like a cheetah, I ran across it. I reached the other end of the swamp in no time and I cheered in victory. That caused a smile to appear on my face.

Snapping me back to reality, I heard the bell ring and I cursed at myself for letting myself be too consumed in my imagination. I should seriously set an alarm for when school starts so I don't keep running late.

As I dashed back down the stairs, I saw the hallways getting deserted. Forget about my books, I'll change them once homeroom is over. I thought before running to my classroom. When I opened the door, I sighed in relief to see Ms Kang not there yet. With quick steps, I passed through everyone and sat in my designated seat. As soon as I did, Ms Kang walked in.