Chapter 31

Jungkook's POV

Sleepiness wore away and I opened my eyes. The dim light peeking through the blinds met my eyes and I instantly squinted.

My vision was blurry so I waited for them to adjust and the familiar room entered my eyes.

Quietly, I rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes and stifled a yawn.

As I looked around, I tried to sit up but I felt a weight on my stomach. Well, to be precise, around my waist.

Glancing downwards, my eyes widened when I saw an arm tightly wrapped around my waist.

Instantly, my eyes snapped to the body next to mine and I sucked in a breath unconsciously.

With his mouth wide open and his head in an awkward position, Taehyung was hugging me as he slept.

I don't know what happened, but alarm bells rang in my mind. Thoughts from yesterday came swarming down and I was overwhelmed by all my emotions.

Panic started rushing inside me and I didn't know what to do or feel.

What was wrong with me? Why was I reacting like this?

The memory of what happened yesterday came to my mind. He was leaning in slowly in a dark, confined space. Was it intentional or accidental? Did he even know what he was doing?

I felt like I was losing my mind.

Realising there was no way I could go back to sleep, I decided to do something to help put my mind at ease.

Carefully, I tried to slide his arm off me. When I slowly placed his arm down, he began to stir in his sleep.

Unconsciously, I held my breath, trying not to make a sound so he didn't wake up.

When he didn't move or make a sound, I sighed in relief that he wasn't awake.

As soon as I was free from his grasp, I shot up and tiptoed away from him.

My mind wasn't straight, so I wasn't aware of my actions. Unknowingly, I ended up running out of the room without changing.

I felt like I couldn't breathe in that room, and I needed some fresh air to calm my nerves down. That was why I began to run without warning. I still had a few hours before everyone was required to wake up. By then, I would finish my run and come back.

Building up my momentum, I easily ran towards the beach.

The sound of the waves crashing on the shore and the crisp air passing through my hair felt great.

The sky was clear, not a single cloud in sight and my mood brightened up. It was a good day and I was happy that I came out to run.

Since I ran for a long time, my mind emptied. All of my previous thoughts disappeared as I fully concentrated on the steadiness of my breath and the strong need for water in my system.

When the sun reached high in the sky, I realised I lost track of time and it was about time to go back.

My back was completely wet with sweat and my t-shirt clung to my body as if it was stuck. I didn't care about it and tried to gather as much oxygen as I could.

Panting like a madman, I slowly made my way to our residence.

As I neared the building, I heard murmurs and people talking.

Curious, my ears picked up on a few words.

"Where is he?"

I heard someone say.