"Oh." I said, waving off a waft of smoke that floated towards my direction. He quickly turned slightly from him, preventing further smoke to follow. I raised an eyebrow at his gesture. That seemed... un-Colin like. "I'll go then."

"No," he said, his eyes flickering to mine. "Stay."

My eyebrows must have been up in my hair line by now. To say I was shocked, would be the least. Colin... Colin Denver, wanted me to hang out with him? What was the world coming to? And I wanted to? I just nodded, not having any words to say as my mind was stuck, replying his word "stay".

He took his last puff of his smoke, before dropping it to the ground. He stamped on it and much to my utter shock, picked it up and flicked it into the bin. My mouth was physically hanging open. Okay, Colin was getting more and more strange by the second.

He quirked an eyebrow at me. "What's that look for?"

"I-Er-" Oh God, I was stuttering. "You're just... different than usual tonight."

His neutral face, that I had hardly even realised was there, became slightly more stony, as if saying that was offensive to him or something. I immediately regretted my words. He had been actually opening up to me slightly, and then I went ahead a ruined it with my big mouth.

"I like it." I blurted, to both of our astonishment.

Kill. Me. Now.

An awkward silence lapsed between us and I wanted to bury myself into a sand box, labelled 'shame'. Why, why, why was it my main mission to make an idiot of myself in front of him? Since when did I go awkward and weird in front of a guy? I was usually the complete opposite.

He slowly walked over to me, a serious expression lining his face. I stood up straighter, the closer he got. I gulped as when he stopped mere inches from me. I sucked in a breath of surprise at our proximity. He inched forward again and my heart stuttered to a stop.

He wasn't...

The door banged open loudly and we sprang apart like a bucket of ice, cold water had been splashed onto us. I jerked my body from him and glanced up. I met Johnny's eyes. Instead of the warm, familiar smile I always got, it was replaced with a cold, hard look.

"Oh." was all he said, his voice monotone and bland, causing me to wince slightly. "It all makes sense now."

"What does?" I questioned, standing upright.

"Why you don't like me. You're with him, right?"

I glanced over at Colin and we exchanged a surprised look. "No?"

"Looks like it." he said.

With that, he turned and strode from the bathroom. I felt guilt stab me in my abdomen. I made it so clear to him that I wasn't ready to date or be emotionally tied down with anyone, and here I am, almost kissing Colin.

I looked up at him. He was studying me with slightly narrowed eyes. Without a word, he turned and left. I swallowed a lump, that had seemingly lodged itself inside my throat. I slowly turned and lent on the sink heavily. I stared at my reflection and sighed.

So much, for not getting involved with boys this year.

<><><><><><>

So last night had kind of been intense. I didn't tell Imogen about it, but my mind was consumed with it. I wanted, so badly, to know what Colin's lips felt like on mine. I hadn't even realised how much I had wanted that kiss to happen until it didn't.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I can't like Colin. That would just be... weird. We argue ridiculously. I can't stand him most of the time, so how could I possibly like him in anyway? I usually want to kill him. It's impossible... right?