Chapter 19

Acoustophobia: Fear of noise.

"Why?"

"Because he's also gonna help with the surprise" He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Well, ever since he made it clear he couldn't love me, he has been acting a little bit strange and that's kind of immature if you ask me.

What's so wrong with not loving me?

I was meant to be hurt because those words were harsh and the fact I just gave him a reassuring hug before it came up was hurtful.

I didn't show it cause I knew Ignis would only make it a bigger matter so I just laughed about it and waved it off.

Usually, we used to spend the night together. Not for romantic reasons, don't let your mind go wild, but to reach me more on how to use my powers and he went straight to bed last night.

I didn't want to make him feel more uncomfortable so I didn't bother knocking on his door. Besides, I'd never been in his room before.

Strange right?

Our conversations were only limited to my room or the sitting room, not his room. The only person that walked freely into his room was Ignis and that was only because he was.......... Well, Ignis.

Also I didn't go in because Ignis would make a fuss out of it.

"I don't think that's a really good idea"

"Why?" He said, dropping the whisk and crossing his arms "What's so wrong with it?"

"Um, well, you know_"

"You're shy?"

"No, of course not. He trains me everyday, why would you think I'd be shy of him? That's just stupid"

"But not as stupid as the fact he just hurt you so bad and you're trying your best to hide it"

The truth in his words.

"He didn't hurt me, he just said he can't love me and trust me, that's fine by me. We literally just met_"

"Like a year ago?"

"The point is, we're not in love and we don't have a thing between us"

"Then you shouldn't have a problem with bringing him here"

"Fine then. I'll go to prove to you that there's absolutely nothing between us" I smiled, slowly standing up "Nothing"

"I'll be waiting"

Could he really be more weird than he was.

Just because I wanted to avoid the truth, I had to face the nervousness I would get from going into Lux's room.

Then waking him up.

Let's look at the bright side of things. At least, Ignis wouldn't be there to rub it on my face.

That's a relief right? Right?

Once I was in front of his door, I kind of felt a bit more nervous than before.

He's just Lux, we were friends before this. Why did one statement have to ruin everything?

I never thought I'd be so nervous around him.

I pulled the door open and was welcomed by a very warm bright room. Way too bright but the only problem was that, I couldn't quite see where the lights were coming from.

No bulbs, no chandelier, no candles but there was light and it was a bit too bright for a normal person to be comfortable.

His room was the biggest I'd seen so far. It was painted white with just little touches of blue.