Chapter 10

PYROPHOBIA: Fear of fire.

ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME: A set of syndromes that can occur following a reduction in alcohol use after a period of excessive use.

"Once upon a time" She started, slowly cradling a baby in her arms. She starred down at the child with her silver eyes. She brought the child up to her lips and placed a kiss on her forehead "Our founders created seven tribes for our people. The reason being that we were numerous in number and because of our differences in choice. Vita, the tribe of life. They value life as whole. They are known for their kindness and selflessness. Bellum, the tribe of war. They are our protectors. They guide and fight for us in time of trouble. The are ruthless and strong and only stand for us. Veritas, the tribe of truth. They stand by sincerity and candor. They believe the world the world would be better with truth and honesty. Vide, the tribe of the seers. In every sixteenth generation, a seer is gifted. A seer is the strongest of them all and therefore, must be kept safe from the evils of the world. They believe in all things impossible. Tandem, the tribe of children. They value the infants and young ones. They believe they are the future and the key to a better tomorrow. Pax, the tribe of peace. They cherish peace and the well being of our people. Lastly, Anel, the tribe of rings. We are known for leadership, sincerity, peace, magic, and every other thing possessed by every tribe. Therefore, a leader can only be chosen from Anel. A leader who will rule all seven tribes with equity." She paused and ran her fingers over my face. "You will be this leader my darling. You will rule all seven tribes my little goddess."

"Welcome home"

My eyes fluttered open with the sound of someone hitting my door. I couldn't process what was going on till after a few seconds of adjusting on the bed. I let out the shaky breath I never knew I had. The room was slightly cold, it felt like it was winter already.

"Wake up princess, we have work to do!" I heard Lux's voice behind the door.

"I'm awake"

"Meet me in the kitchen in five minutes."

Once again, I had another dream. It was the first time I didn't have a dream of a village burning down or a woman dying in my arms and I definitely did not hear a voice telling me to come. Not that I loved the fact I've had the same reoccurring dream since when I was a kid, I was just glad it was different and did not involve people dying.

The lady with the silver eyes, however, was in every dream I had. Something about her rang a bell. She looked familiar, like i'd seen her before but I didn't remember seeing her anywhere asides my dreams.

She had birthmarks similar to mine and the hair wasn't any different. Her eyes we're silver with a hint of blue. At first, I didn't understand her description after the dream but as years passed and I kept having the same dreams, I could recognize her with my eyes closed.

Pushing those thoughts behind my head, I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I knew Lux said five minutes but I wasn't planning on leaving the room without at least my teeth clean. I brushed my teeth with the toothbrush I found which was a bit too small for my teeth size.

I scanned myself in the mirror. My eyes were a lot more greener than they were back at the asylum. They had the colour of healthy green leaves with that little glow in them. My birthmarks we're also darker. They couldn't be darker than they were.

After I was done brushing my teeth, I found my way to the kitchen. Lux was sitting behind the counter, chugging down a bottle of colourless liquid. It took the smell to know what he was taking. Alcohol.

"You're late" He pointed out, dropping the now empty bottle on the counter.

"Taking alcohol by" I stopped to check the time "Six in the morning"