Chapter 17

DOMATOPHOBIA: Fear of houses or being in a house.

"Axel?!"

"Hello Caeli, Lux" He smiled like he didn't just stay away for a whole year and suddenly appear 

He looked better than before. His skin was bright and glowing, he had gained a little weight so he wasn't as skinny as before and he had a bright smile plastered on his face.

His eyes looked more alive than they did before. It gained more colour and sparkle.

I wasn't sure if I was meant to be mad at him for trying to kill me or be surprised he just strolled in after a year of complete absence. I wouldn't say I was mad cause I kind of got over it months after he left. I was at the beginning but I figured out there was no point in staying mad at someone these doesn't even live with you.

Not to talk of the fact Lux was just worried about him like a second ago.

Lux didn't say anything either. He was just as surprised as I was and for that moment, we were both stuck in one position. In each other's arms.

When I noticed how awkward it was, I broke away from the hug and left him standing on his own.

"Axel?"

"You've learned how to use your powers" He said and pointed at the little forest I made "That's quite impressive"

I cleared the shrubs immediately. The little stems and leaves fell on the ground, leaving behind dead withered leaves. "Thank you?"

"I'm really in need of a shower and i'd like to reduce the tension in the air so how about we all go down and I'd prepare breakfast when I'm done" He said and walked past us to the elevator.

Lux was still frozen in one position. It was until I gave him a tug he snapped back to reality. "Aren't you happy?"

"I am, just surprised"

"Come on, let's go" I held his hand in mine and leaded the way to the elevator because I knew he'd still be in one position if I didn't offer to help him.

His hand was bigger than mine so it almost looked like he was holding me not the other way around.

His palm was a bit rough but warm and assuring against mine.

When we got to the elevator, Axel was already in it waiting for us. His smile was getting creepy already cause the Axel I used to knew always had an emotionless expression on.

I didn't trust that smile one bit and I didn't trust him either.

He tried to kill me a year ago, he was still the same person and he could attempt to do it again. First, because he didn't apologise after he did it and didn't admit he was wrong. Instead, he stood by his decision and left. Second, people never change. The best they can do is to cover it up just for you.

Once we got in, I made sure I stood at the further end of the elevator, just for safety.

"Why did you leave?" Lux finally got his voice back. He turned to Axel and folded his arms and if I were to be in his position, I wouldn't think twice before poofing away again cause he had tons of questions waiting for him.

"Because my stay wasn't welcomed"

"What the fuck are you talking about?_"

"Language Lux, we have a little girl here"

Wait a minute, am I the little girl?

"You've been here for years. Why would your stay suddenly be not welcomed?"