Chapter 18

Isolophobia: Fear of being alone

"Caeli"

My head snapped towards a very familiar feminine voice.

It came again and this time, it felt like it came from a distance.

I couldn't see a thing aside the green trees and tall thick grasses.

Everything was blurry and faded, I couldn't make out things by a single glance. Even I couldn't see myself properly or walk properly.

I felt a bit dizzy, groggy and with every step I took, It felt like I was about to fall down.

"Caeli"

The voice became more audible and clear. I could hear it come from behind me but I couldn't move without having a feeling I'd fall if I tried to.

"Caeli"

It was then I noticed a pair of hands hold me by my shoulder and slowly turned me around.

It was her.

I couldn't see her clearly but i could see her sharp blue pair of eyes as they starred at me with so much happiness, even I had not been so happy before.

Her birthmarks was simple, black and engraved in her cheekbones.

She was in a simple silver colored turtle neck dress that completely covered her whole arms excluding her fingers. The sleeves were so long, it almost reached tye ground. The dress itself was long enough to reach the ground.

Her hair was down and extremely long. It almost reached her knees. It looked so soft and light cause it moved with the wind.

She was right in front of the sun's reflection so I couldn't quite make out her facial structure.

"Mom?" I said, just a little above a whisper. "Is it you?"

She nodded and said "I've always waited for this day"

"You shouldn't be able to do this, you're dead"

"But you can see me and that's the only thing that matters"

"No, this isn't real. You're dead"

"To the world i am. To you I'm not. I'll always be here for you no matter what."  She held my hands in hers and for that moment, I could feel her like she was truly in front of me.

Her hands felt so soft and warm as they wrapped around mine so protectively, I couldn't have felt more safe.

She was in front of me, I could feel her, I could see her yet something told me it wasn't real. It looked like it was as a result of me thinking so much.

She was dead and the same words kept running through my head repeatedly.

She isn't real. This isn't real. It's just an imagination.

"I am real Caeli, you can feel me, can't you?"

"But_"

"Shh" She hushed me "They're some things you need to know"

"If you're real then they're some things I need answers to. You're the goddess of time and your linked to fate. You should know what would happen in future right?"

"I will give you answers to your questions but some answers are better left unknown"

"What's gonna happen when I meet Xelexia? How am I gonna start it? Should I just walk up to her?"